Media YouTube Knuckleheads

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Willy's choppa cut better than those knives. The cut through the onion was hysterical. "Nice stiff blade" and it flexed like a filleting knife.
I’ve done horizontal cuts wrong all my life. Have to press onion tightly to cutting board with strong palm grip.

She honestly might be on to something. Question is whether you're saving more time on sorting out the dishes than you're losing on digging for the right utensil.
But it's one of those 'if it's stupid but works it ain't stupid' kind of things IMO.

Opinions on Greg Blythe/Never A Dull Moment? Seems like a decent enough guy but who's gone in too hard and fast. Had a big post under his latest video where he disclosed how much he's sunk into the YT knife video gig and how he's had no return.

Opinions on Greg Blythe/Never A Dull Moment? Seems like a decent enough guy but who's gone in too hard and fast. Had a big post under his latest video where he disclosed how much he's sunk into the YT knife video gig and how he's had no return.

Dude drives me a little nuts. Just something with his presentation style. But I also never felt like he actually gave me any useful information. Just showed off the knives he bought/was given/was loaned.

If he went into YT expecting to make money on a knife channel that was probably naive.

I actually marked his channel "Do Not Recommend" because he popped up so often.

Have seen mentioned a few times and he has some super sweet knives but I think the channel caters to an audience that really isn't me. Best wishes for the guy, regardless.

I just pulled him up and went "Oh, that guy". I recall seeing some of his videos is days past, but nothing ever stuck. Given that his channel has been around for three years, when I look at a video from two weeks ago and he's not doing retakes when he mis-pronounces names and his wife is talking over him, it's not surprising he hasn't hit the algorithmic jackpot.

Sinking money into such a small YT channel is a bad idea. The market for knife channels is just too small and niche, adding a new candidate is unlikely to generate a ton of subscribers. Investing in equipment to increase production values doesn't change that; it's rarely that relevant for generating an audience. You have to get an audience / subscriber base first before it makes sense to throw more money at it.

Back