Media YouTube Knuckleheads

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually trying to use the knife upside down happened sometimes to me with paring knives that have completely symmetrical handles when not paying enough attention. Not ideal when you try to put your finger on the spine...
It's also why 'not perfectly square or round' has become a criterium for me on paring knife handles, since you don't really feel the balance is off when you have them upside down.

Actually trying to use the knife upside down happened sometimes to me with paring knives that have completely symmetrical handles when not paying enough attention.
The only time I've really done a good job cutting my self in the kitchen was frome one such knife. I was attempting to make a second pina colada and was wondering why it was turning out to be so pink :rolleyes:.

So does she expect us to believe she hammers out a bar of steel into a horse rasp? And then transforms that rasp into a sorta pointy shaped rasp?

Also it made me super nervous to watch her use the bandsaw while standing like 5ft away and leaning into it.

She hadn't bothered to set the guide bearing for that blade either.

She has some nice equipment....

So does she expect us to believe she hammers out a bar of steel into a horse rasp? And then transforms that rasp into a sorta pointy shaped rasp?

Also it made me super nervous to watch her use the bandsaw while standing like 5ft away and leaning into it.

Why is she using balsa wood for handle scales? Any lighter and they would have floated off the table.
Looks like she attended the Mazaki school of knife finishing.
$800 well spent.

Last edited:
Why is she using balsa wood for handle scales? Any lighter and they would have floated off the table.
Looks like she attended the Mazaki school of knife finishing.
$800 well spent.
Actually both my Mazakis were finished really well, and the handles were great (standard ho wood + black horn, not the walnut monstrocities).

She’s clearly unwell. I get that she’s putting this stuff out online, but what is the value in making fun of her?

I nominate all of the formerly used car salesmen who have become TikTok influencers for all of those rolling knife sharpeners. $200 bucks :( I am not saying they are no-good but for that kind of money, you can get some really good whetstones or for the price several years of sharpenings at a professional service.

Back