• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn £450: Yoshikazu Tanaka 240mm Aogami Super KU Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkayMode

I am the pig Daveb's mama was talking about
Reaction score
Pictures:

Price:
£480 £450 + shipping

Specs:
Heel height: 50mm
Edge length: 231mm
Weight: 200g

Condition & Notes:
- This came to me via Zahocho with a concave grind that by Fred’s own admission was really not very good. The knife was thick behind the edge, the shinogi shoulders were way too large and pronounced, and it would wedge in onions.

- I had the bevels professionally thinned on a belt at Kataba here in London, and then spent a significant number of hours fine tuning and refining the bevels to remove most of the belt scratches and apply a Jnat polish. My entire strategy for this work was to retain as much heel height as possible, and I am pleased to have achieved this objective whilst significantly improving the knife’s performance. Sure you could thin it more if you wanted a laser, but why not just buy my TxK instead. 😎

- The current grind/feel on this knife is still quite robust and confident, but it can actually cut now. It’s somewhat similar in feel to the Migoto 240mm W#1 imo.

- Since refinishing, I have used on a few onion and protein-heavy meals to get a patina established, which takes a very cool dark blue/grey tone on the knife. I have included shots of the clean polish for reference, and can refresh this before shipping if preferred.

- Original box included.

Last edited:
Back