Finish differences with belts - trizact/norax vs micron vs loaded leather, cork, etc?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Doing a deep dive into grinder belts (2x72 @ variable speed up to 1800 RPM). I understand the differences between belt weights, ceramics vs zic vs ao, but what about more 'exotic' finishing belts like the ones mentioned in the title. I have exposure to trizact (but not norax, etc), and scotchbrite belts, but not micron, leather or cork belts. I also have a dual speed (1800 and 3600 RPM), 10 inch buffer with several different buffing wheels (no leather yet) with different compounds, all of which I just started using so I don't have much exposure yet.

Questions are :
- What are the finishes yielded by these listed belts (or any other 'different' belts you can think of) on different steels (SS, carbon)?

- Are there any pros vs cons of using similar buffing wheels vs similar belts in terms of finishes and costs?

Thanks

Whoa, big toys. Looks like you will be having fun.

Haha, yup. My wife is wondering if I've left her for my new toys in my filthy basement...

Eventually she may realize that she is lucky to have a husband still around the house instead of one being away at come clubs, karaOK joints or whatever away pursuits that takes you away from home... .. and all the time honing his skills instead on someone else... THe final analysis... pretty good...

Have fun eh...

Back