fun idea for sharpening gadget

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikaelsan

Reaction score
I havent decided whether i think this is awesome, useless or if it something that has already been done? Also im more of a lurker then poster, but this idea caught me by surprise so i had to share it.

[video=youtube;oWPW9KJR7Wk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWPW9KJR7Wk&t=345s[/video]

you can just skip to about 5:45.

So its basically simply a device that would monitor your angle in real time, i dont personally care much about angles, dont think i would pay for one, but i do like the idea.

You could make this very small - magnetically held to the blade, with a piezo speaker, and just translating the inclinometer/accelerometer input to a tone that notifies you that you are below or above a set angle range. Alternatively, outputting via a multicolor LED or via a voltage fed onto the blade (say, 20 volts per degree out of range, that should work well when using waterstones). Could be even more useful if you use more than one of them, eg to handle the tip angles separately or if you want a heel-to-tip angle gradient.

Back