• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - EU Gyutos in 240mm: Watanabe Pro, Y.Tanaka AS, Denka (210), Hado Junpaku Shiro #1 or Kijiro

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I renewed my searches and put them all in one search together...

I prefer to buy within Europe.

So my current search is one of these Gyutos. All usually in 240mm Just the Denka might be the better value in 210mm.

Watanabe Pro Gyuto (stainless)

Y. Tanaka AS Gyuto - or maybe another (stainless) version of Y. Tanaka

Denka Gyuto 210mm
(240mm might be too expensive)

Hado Junpaku Shiro #1 white (or maybe Ginsan Urushi Kijiro) Gyuto

not that important:

(Heiji Gyuto)
with burnt chestnut handle

Denka Nakiri 195mm found

Toyama Naborikoi Stainless Clad Blue / Kurouchi found

(Toyama Noborikoi Kasumi Nakiri 210mm) -

AS I found a Denka Nakiri 195 I am not sure If this is necessairy

Last edited:
Also a Heiji Nakiri with at least 180mm could be a possibility. Not sure if with Kurouchi or not and which steel.
Still not sure if a big Toyama 210 or rather a little bit smaller Nakiri in addition to my 165mm Watanabe is the best way to add.

Thank you. Yes Japan-messer-shop has none at the moment. But maybe soon Back in Stock.
Toyama in Kleinanzeigen would Sound nice.
But I think of Toyama then I prefer 219mm to have a difference to my 165mm Nakiri. For the Toyama in 210mm I have an Option I would decide for.

I saw a Lot nice knives there already. I would Love to have some for Sure. Heiji in SKD12 IS available but I am Not Sure If I will Like the Light Brown handle. I guess rather the darker one of available again. A bigger price difference IT seems Just for different Handkes. Rest seem ro Match.
Yeah and tge Hamono 210mm Nakiri.. beautiful. But the Blade height seems to be a Lot less then at a Toyama.

Heiji in SKD12 IS available
That one and the 270 gyuto in SKD with the blond handles are new. All the others are from an old batch and slightly cheaper.

You could ask Mrs. Horie from the shop if they would change the handle at no extra charge. If not i would look into ordering directly. Ask Heiji for the price of a 240mm with chestnut handle plus shipping and add VAT+customs. Chances are it is still slightly cheaper than that shop.
Or ask in the dedicated thread:
Heiji direct

Last edited:
Yes I will See If anything is possible to get old Handles on the New batch. Again too late until new batches come. They Sure make a different appearing with different handles.
Direct Order is always in the end when there is No other Option left.

Thanks. Yes I daw the offer on BST and wrote already If still available. I didn't check Pictures too exactly until I know If still there. At least Looks Like in good condition.
I also wrote the other two Shops. They seem to get new TF knives in the next few months it seems.
There I also want Wa Handles and Not Yo.
210mm would be enough for me - regarding prices at least.

That one and the 270 gyuto in SKD with the blond handles are new. All the others are from an old batch and slightly cheaper.

You could ask Mrs. Horie from the shop if they would change the handle at no extra charge. If not i would look into ordering directly. Ask Heiji for the price of a 240mm with chestnut handle plus shipping and add VAT+customs. Chances are it is still slightly cheaper than that shop.
Or ask in the dedicated thread:
Heiji direct
I tried to order one directly but Heiji doesn’t reply since October, I got the 240mm Sweden Steel from Japan-Messer Shop.
Paid around 70-80€ more compared to directly after taxes and shipping.

So i found a nice Toyama Gyuto now that is Off my list.
I will compare IT with my 240 Maboroshi Gyuto but i think in the end i will let the Maboroshi go and IT would be Up for a trade or Sale as Western Handles are Not that perfect for me.

Back