Hello everyone!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricedeath

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Alex and I am a homecook from Germany. :)

currently I am a student and in my free time I like to do some woodworking. Which is how I got to my first knife.
I had bought myself a unbranded Gyuto Knife blank and just made a handle which I thought at that time looked nice to me.
Apart from that I already had collected some better quality sharpening stones for my woodworking tools, which I’d occasionally use to sharpen the knives of my parents.
So more or less for my standards I also learned how to sharpend knives to razor sharpness (my forearm can attest to that). The process of sharpening and seeing the result of it is also one of the satisfying parts to me.
This has been two years ago and ever since I have only ever used the knife for special occasions, as before I have exclusively cut everything with paring knifes we just had lying around.

Before, this has only been more part of my woodworking hobby to build that handle. Since being in the kitchen is a part of our lives we spent a lot of time on, I thought to myself, why not get yourself a tool that is fun to use and also learn how to actually handle it. Which is why I would like to myself my "first" Kitchen Knife, this time more from the standpoint of a cook. Though I still have a lot to learn even as home cook. Like having only ever used paring knifes before I have yet to really develop my grip style, techniques, cutting style etc.

Tldr: I am still unsure on what Knife to start on, hence my registration to this forum.
Here a little picture of my Knife, don’t roast me for the handle, I pretty much didnt do any research and just winged it for the serotonin of finishing a project. :p
Gyuto115.jpeg

Back