hello from uk now ex lurker

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwisgween

Reaction score
Hi all.

Been a lurker for a while now, and have learnt a lot.

Im a keen home cook and had been reasonably happy with my set of Global knives with a few henckels (boning + bread), until i received my 1st Japanese knife , an Ishizuchi Ginsan santuko and fell in love. Have had the opputnity to try a few better Japanese knives since and have been looking forward to the day when I can start adding some pieces. Looking to get a decent Gyuto shortly before adding a slicer and a petty in the near future.

Am also just about to embark on learning to properly use wet stones. Will start to practice on as many friends and families cheap knives and my victorinox vibrox before moving on the good knives. Ive been lucky enough to have access to a professional sharpener locally but unfortunately he has moved back home abroad. Its a good thing really as having him available has allowed me to be lazy and not learn the skills myself.

Thanks for the wealth of information I've already accessed here and looking forward to interacting a bit in the future!

Latest posts

Back