Induction range insert, anyone have one for home use and your thoughts?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And try to find the unit with the 'burners' spaced apart as wide as possible. For some reason they tend to be squeezed together so it will not hold 2 frying pans.

PLUS 1 on that, the one in the house we rent for now is TINY and I can NOT EVEN FIT 3 DECENT SIZE (as in cooking for a family of 5) PANS :mad:on it at the same time, which makes having a 4 burner unit pointless...does the manufacturer want me to revive nouvelle cuisine?

The annoying part is that it almost works but it doesn't, it appears to just fit and it starts heating but then something starts to alarm, overheating surface, controls being blocked, pan bottom lifted, etc

Last edited:
that Siemens looks like a contender for the new hous, seems large enough to hold serious size pans!

Oops, 24cm pans is the limit for most units except the top line....coming in at 5K:oops:
The large zone fits my 32cm saute pan, thats why I bought it.
It cost me a lot less than 5K though.

How does one roast Nori seaweed on induction??? In a hot pan is not anywhere near similar to open flame....should I fire up the Foker 9kW propane burner for a sheet or is there a trick someone can share ?

not by far, we have a silverware drawer right underneath the induction range and have not senses any heat in there at all.

Back