KONY- 2012

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarge

Reaction score
Take the time to learn about this movement and to find a way to help bring down the world's #1 war criminal

Yeah, saw a short segment on the television news about this last night. I haven't seen the video myself yet, but based on that news segment, some folks object to the message at the end about supporting the Ugandan government as that govt itself has been implicated in some pretty unsavory and atrocious things as well.

True, but they are trying to stop the guy as well. I think it is dumb to say we won't help you do the right there here because you've done some very wrong things too. Sadly this probably won't amount to much and the world will go on turning a blind eye to things. I hope and pray not, that this actually leads people to be proactive on other things besides this as well.

I went to an Invisible Children event a few years back. It was great to be with such a wide variety of people pressuring our government to do something that is simply morally right and now financially or politically advantageous.

But we also met a few folks from Uganda...that Kony guy is a madman.

I have read a few things about this guy over the years (he was on Christopher Hitchens's radar while he was still with us). Oddly enough I saw the link to the Kony 2012 video on Yahoo! (I think, maybe Google) last night and ending up watching the videos for about an hour. I wish them every success in pressuring our government to help the Ugandan people bring this man to justice, even if it doesn't result in any lasting changes to the political process there. I would like to see Kony stand trial, but would be just as happy to see someone put a bullet in his head.

Back