• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Kosuke Manaka 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been eyeballing them at Carbon and mesmerized by the cool wavy KU edge. Lightly used or better. Thought i'd see if anyone was thinking about getting rid one.

I know what you mean, I was eyeing that one too yesterday but wish it wasn't already been thinned. I'm on the same boat, looking at the Blue #2 one on Carbon for awhile but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger.

I've been noodling about posting my 170mm Aogami 2 nakiri WTS. It's basically new (not yet sharpened by me - it holds a wicked edge) and I have an Edro caramel saya for it. Such a nice knife - hand finished and kasumi polished on JNats by Manaka and good rosewood handle from Chef's Edge. I'm moving through my "trying as much as I can" stage of my Japanese kitchen knife journey and have other knives (currently a Kyohei Shindo bunka) that can do the same. I've been wondering if it is too nice to sit in the drawer as much as it does (when I could be mobilizing that value towards a new adventure).

I know that this is a post about a 240 gyuto, so maybe just take this as encouragement that it is indeed a very nice knife for the price and his treatment of the Blue 2 core is just swell. There are only so many words, so it's a Tsuchime finish, but it's quite a bit different than the hammer-deformed dimpled finish (thinking Yoshikane kurouchi) that some makers apply the term just as well to. The irregular KU is a very interesting feature aesthetically and it apparently (to me) promotes decent release for such a tall knife. I have more convex polished monosteel knives that release food more poorly. There's a fair amount of hype for Kisuke Manaka, but maybe still a bit undersold as a craftsman.

Back