• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Traded Traded-Mazaki 180 KU Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitchenCommander

Reaction score
Purchased this Mazaki KU 180 here couple months back, no box. Good photos provided in the link below to previous thread. I touched it up at 2000 and 6000 just to freshen up the edge, no thinning. Sort of like a mini-workhorse with aggressive taper and thin tip. Nothing wrong with it at all, just not my favorite like a new knife should be 😁.

I'm looking to trade for another smaller Gyuto around 180-190mm, preferably with a somewhat flat profile. Funauki, gyuto, or bunka style, but longer than 165mm. Willing to trade up or down with cash. 210mm gyuto's are fair game, but preference to something smaller. Prefer a forged knife with a bit of taper, carbon or stainless is fine, western or wa. I don't really like plastic ferrules, but not an immediate deal breaker.

Knives that have interest to me.
Tanaka Ginsan Nashiji 180-210 +cash from me where appropriate.
Yoshikane SLD/SKD hammered 180-210 + cash my end
Zakuri Tosagatta bocho 180 + cash
maybe one of the 170-180 Mazaki nakiri's floating around. Don't have any nakiri's
One of those Ginsan or stainless knives that have been getting a little attention lately. Tsunehisa Ginsan or Kaeru SLD

PICS:
WTS - Masashi SLD 210, Mazaki Kuro 180, Keichii

cash value $180 shipped to con USA only.

PM with offers or questions.

Last edited:
Back