Need Advice For Order that was never filled.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel like I'm being censured. The only reason I posted the exact dollar amount, is because I think it's important people realize just how much money Pierre has collected and not delivered on.

I'm also disturbed the order page is still up on his site; that's why the length of time he's been collecting money is also important, and that's why fraud is likely. He appears to have know for a while he was unable to deliver as promised, yet he still made promises and collected more money.

I've tried several times to contact him directly, and have not heard back. He has posted a couple of times to this thread, but, it would seem he has still done nothing.

I need to make a decision as to how long to wait for either my product, or a refund. I think Pierre may not realize fully the situation; several thousand dollars, and electronic money transfers too (wire-related); in the USA, that is a very serious situation indeed. Once someone decides they've waited long enough, and reports this to the authorities, it's not likely to be good for Pierre.

I've followed this thread for a while, and while I have no outstanding order with him, I would take action at this point if I were in that position. I get all the understanding and what not, but paying close to or more than 4 digits and having received nothing years later, that's not only serious, but it's a crime. It doesn't matter if he's sick or has financial problems. That's tough. But this is a business matter and it's nice and all that we are a community here and show understanding for individuals having personal problems, at some point that needs to stop. Delete my post if you feel it's too harsh, but come on... Let's be real and honest here, that's a situation that is not acceptable. Unless those affected are fine with losing money here. In that case I'll shut up....

I think a better way to approach this would be to start a thread that asks anyone with grievances to pm the OP, and start an off forum email based discussion.

I think a better way to approach this would be to start a thread that asks anyone with grievances to pm the OP, and start an off forum email based discussion.

No, that's not a good idea. People need to know this is going on, especially as he is still soliciting orders.

No, that's not a good idea. People need to know this is going on, especially as he is still soliciting orders.

It's not this forum's responsibility to wade into this type of legal morass. Could present all kinds of sticky situations.

It is a perfect idea. People don't need to know. Pierre is no longer taking orders.

Have you bothered to check when his website was last updated? Just cause an order form is there doesn't mean he is taking orders.

I think creating a private list is the perfect solution. People are easily aware of this.

Can i also point out, and not wanting to lay blame anywhere, but you paif a deposit and depending on legislation and consumer law how a deposit is seen can vary, whether it is assumed as refundable or not.

It is an unfortunate situation for you all and you should take appropriate recourse where possible. However imo a public knife forum that has no link to pierrre apart from him visiting once a year is not the appropriate place for this discussion.

It's not a public forum it's owned by an individual. The opportunity to take part in this forum is a privilege, not a right. So your reasoning is false. See my above post. That is the simplest route to take, that could potentially lead to a positive result. No one is attacking you, so it would behoove you to consider your tone in future posts.

Dude,

You've made your point. I have sympathy for your position and all that need to know about it now do. Be done with it.

This is NOT a public forum. This is Austin's forum. This forum has no interest in discussions, agreements, deposits, contracts or anything else between members and vendors. No one wants to moderate this discussion but I / we will.

Pls do not explain why you are right. Leave it alone.

the bottom line is a lot of us got ripped off.

If you were in our shoes you would feel differently. I trusted pierre as a respected vendor here with my money, as i have many other vendors on this forum.

Its good to get the word out, we need to know how many of us were actually included. I had no idea there were this many, as I'm sure most of you have. My oder was placed in 2014, I'm now learning that orders from 2012 were unfilled when he TOOK my oder!? Im sorry but thats messed up. He told me a 6 month to a year waiting time.

Stop defending Pierre, i do feel bad for him, but he choose to take orders knowing he couldn't fill them.

Considering this a private forum why hasn't the owner stepped in? He's letting a vendor rip off members? Why hasn't he contacted more people to find out how many were affected? These things are not being done, so we who are affected want answers, and a solution.

I mean this is a ****** situation from the buyers perspective. And in this day and age little is usually done about issues until someone raises a fuss on the internet.

I know the moderators have said this is not a public forum yet this is probably the most popular knife enthusiast forum and this is the makers sub forum. It is quite obvious the op has exhausted many methods with attempting to receive a refund and appealing to the public was his last solution.

By this point the forums admins should have stepped in and contacted Pierre about this issue. Considering he has a sub forum here there is some responsibility on the admins to ensure there aren't issues like this with those who have been endorsed or sponsored to be part of the sellers on this forum.

the bottom line is a lot of us got ripped off.

If you were in our shoes you would feel differently. I trusted pierre as a respected vendor here with my money, as i have many other vendors on this forum.

Its good to get the word out, we need to know how many of us were actually included. I had no idea there were this many, as I'm sure most of you have. My oder was placed in 2014, I'm now learning that orders from 2012 were unfilled when he TOOK my oder!? Im sorry but thats messed up. He told me a 6 month to a year waiting time.

Stop defending Pierre, i do feel bad for him, but he choose to take orders knowing he couldn't fill them.

Considering this a private forum why hasn't the owner stepped in? He's letting a vendor rip off members? Why hasn't he contacted more people to find out how many were affected? These things are not being done, so we who are affected want answers, and a solution.

No one is defending Pierre we are just saying that this is a private issue. It is a known issue amongst most here. There is now another thread about it and you can create a private group to discuss.

Also, it is a private forum but as per the terms and conditions the owner of the forum doesn't warrant, endorse or have any involvement with transactions which occur through the forum, like BST. (Mods correct me if i am not right here).

I would not be surprised if Pierre was behind in his payments to the forum owners... Chances are they are being nice and letting his subforum remain for now.

What seems to me problematic (and in fact I didn't know about this until now) is that he apparently took multiple orders in 2013 and 2014 while still having unfilled orders from 2012. That has nothing to do with his unfortunate health issues that we are all sympathetic to I think but rather speaks to extremely poor - perhaps unconscionable - business practices.

What seems to me problematic (and in fact I didn't know about this until now) is that he apparently took multiple orders in 2013 and 2014 while still having unfilled orders from 2012. That has nothing to do with his unfortunate health issues that we are all sympathetic to I think but rather speaks to extremely poor - perhaps unconscionable - business practices.

He was selling Mid Techs earlier this year and it seems none of that money went to refunding people he has been screwing over for a long time. I don't think its right bringing legal issues, etc... into/through this forum but f@*k him.

As I posted in the other thread, what has happened is not fraud, it is a breach of contract. Fraud requires intent.

You would be well advised to retract your libelous statements, and refrain from making any more, especially on the internet.

Well said Rick.

Closing this one down. Jordan you've made your point and I have all the sympathy in the world for you. I would encourage any others affected, such as treaves, to initiate their own threads here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back