• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Red Aoto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nagakin

Reaction score
Hey all,

I bought this recently to replace one I sold a couple of years ago, but I find myself finishing at finer grits on my butchery tools now that I’m not in a production environment anymore and I also sometimes forget that I’m on a student budget now 🤷‍♂️. This is the smoothest jnat I’ve used in this grit range and makes comparable stones feel gritty/sandy. Raises a burr fast and leaves aggressive teeth (feels 1500ish to me). Great sealing from the previous owner. Looking for what I paid $250 shipped CONUS.

Much more information from the original thread here, including polishing info: SOLD - Some Stones For Sales

223x68x60 1905g

9F244F05-E077-44C9-A40A-08D75D2DACFE.jpeg1CB14FD2-BFCC-40FC-91C4-8DA8B2FBBC10.jpeg168350B9-07EF-40B2-8078-60F2E17AF588.jpeg

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments/messages everyone. My main worry is that PayPal will start withholding future payments because he decided to report me without ever actually even requesting a refund. If that’s the case then I do think this person should face repercussions because any money from future sales will be withheld for 21 days or until the tracking number shows as “Delivered” to the address associated with the buyer.

I really don’t know how to check without making a sale, which is why I’ve chosen to omit the name for now. If there’s no harm done to the account then a warning from a mod is probably enough since I really wasn’t stolen from or scammed, but if he’s killed my ability to make sales online without having my money held ransom then I think asking for a ban and uncensoring the name would be appropriate.

I like my budget sized red FWIW. GL w sale. Sorry other person pulled that... Many other ways to solve that issue rather than reporting to PP...

I would contact PP to see if there was a mark put on your account. I'm sure they keep track of forced refunds and what not, after a certain amount I'm sure they'd just ban your PP. (That was my main concern with them reporting it as theft)

(Forgot to send this earlier, reacted to refcasts post and forgot to send....)

Thanks for the comments/messages everyone. My main worry is that PayPal will start withholding future payments because he decided to report me without ever actually even requesting a refund. If that’s the case then I do think this person should face repercussions because any money from future sales will be withheld for 21 days or until the tracking number shows as “Delivered” to the address associated with the buyer.

I really don’t know how to check without making a sale, which is why I’ve chosen to omit the name for now. If there’s no harm done to the account then a warning from a mod is probably enough since I really wasn’t stolen from or scammed, but if he’s killed my ability to make sales online without having my money held ransom then I think asking for a ban and uncensoring the name would be appropriate.
This sort of stuff really frustrates me and seems very unfair to you. I'd worry about the same.

If you want, you can sell me a piece of blank paper and then F&F me back the remaining funds afterwards.

If you want, you can sell me a piece of blank paper and then F&F me back the remaining funds afterwards.
I appreciate the offer! But the problem is solved now.

PayPal support just got back to me and said my account had a “strike” on it, but before I could send in proof to contest it they told me there’s no need since this is my first mark in 17 years and it was removed with no problem. So, my account is again in good standing 👍

Interestingly, the member in question bought a supporting membership and changed their name/profile within a day of me posting the issue.

Interestingly, the member in question bought a supporting membership and changed their name/profile within a day of me posting the issue.
I think in that case the member should be revealed, as the fact they did all that right after is Extremely Shady IMHO.

And I think a MOD should of stepped in.

I appreciate the offer! But the problem is solved now.

PayPal support just got back to me and said my account had a “strike” on it, but before I could send in proof to contest it they told me there’s no need since this is my first mark in 17 years and it was removed with no problem. So, my account is again in good standing 👍

Yeah the strikes, marks, defects against your PP was what I was most concerned about. And was correct to assume you got a strike.

Also, glad they could see through the BS and didn't hassel you to get it removed. Still Shame on that user!

Back