• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Sukenari YXR-7 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasFur

Warrior of Jarhead clan
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
I offer a 100% buy back guarantee if your not happy with your purchase. Its a great knife so I'll be happy to have it back. You just cover paypal expenses (if there are any on a re-fund?) and shipping back to me. - Im also only a home cook. - may be open to partial trades. (240 gyuto's only plz) - May close the thread if i change my mind and want to keep it.

Sukenari YXR-7
This is done by Hanaki Nobuo him self. (James told me he does the whole line himself) - Did a good amount of thinning on this knife to really see where the steel is. And I'm very impressed, you will be too. I didnt do a massive run-down on the blade, slowly over the course of a couple months i took down the edges. Cuts beautifully now, only selling to consolidate my steel selection a little. Edge sharpens like ginsan, holds the edge like AS. Its Semi-stainless so you still get character, but really dont have to worry. Also the cladding line is always distinct and deep no matter the polish. Your buying this knife as a veggie destroyer. Its in work horse finish here, ready to demolish cases of veg. Its now rare to find these, and when kns gets them back they will be very pricey - $350 (shipped to N.A.)
cKLoU7A.jpg

Cy8Bbzk.jpg

olWuIcP.jpg

See the sukenari cut here:
3rd video is the Sukenari vs Kamo r2 -- Sukenari wins, But i want to play with etching the Damascus
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpa1hjuhccnwsqg88ICwJJp2Xzp5LmDtNcN_iw0/

Will provide cutting demos of any of knife upon request.
Will polish these knives to requested finish upon request.

Cheers all,
Lucas

I was drooling since it got here, but being Canada and all the politics with taxes and shipping, made it impossible.

Congrats! A really fine piece!

I'm a bit sad, really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back