• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD [WTS] Andrei Markin K390 Go-Mai Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpine.knifeworks

Wood luvr
KKF Supporting Craftsman
Reaction score
Hey guys! Looking to let go of one of my prized possessions. I had Andrei make me this custom tall Nakiri back in 2021. Paid $800 for it at the time so accounting for inflation it must be worth about $5000 now (lol). I'm looking for $600 including shipping to the lower 48. I will cover the first $20 of international shipping.

Details:

Go-mai with K390 core, nickel, and stainless cladding. K390 has absurd edge retention, the highest of any blade I've used, however it is very difficult to sharpen. I have sharpened on Shapton glass stones as it's all I have, but have spent much of that time cursing. You'd be better off using diamond stones. It just takes a long time and does not offer much feedback on the shapton glass.

Handle is a damascus ferrule (it's so sick), with white g10 and Walnut burl

247g

182x77mm

Slight S-grind, it's subtle but it's there. It is a very very large wheel so the "S" hollow is most of the span of the blade. It is still quite thin despite this. I usually do not appreciate S-grinds on Nakiris and cleavers but this is subtle enough it doesn't matter.

I've had this longer than any other knife in my collection and as a result it has a good bit of use. Sharpened 5-7 times, light scratches, light patina, and the handle finish (shellac) is starting to degrade a little. I attached a photo of that for you. It could also use a fresh sharpening at the moment

Video here:

20240521_143735.jpg

Last edited:
Incredible looking and love the handle. Do you have a choir shot?
Hey thanks! You can briefly see the choil in the video, but I'll take an actual choil shot in a second! The S-grind is so subtle it does not appear in the choil

Few makers do a laser as good as Andrei. With diamond stones K390 is a breeze to sharpen. This one is a beauty. GLWS!

Circle jerk complete

Few makers do a laser as good as Andrei. With diamond stones K390 is a breeze to sharpen. This one is a beauty. GLWS!

Circle jerk complete
Glad to hear it's easy on the diamonds! I feel like there's something about shapton glass in particular that just doesn't jive with k390. But, the edge retention is insane

Still in must-sell-knife mode and this is brutal to sit out. And I just got some diamond stones too 😭
Haha damnn what timing! I'm in that mode too. Wanna get down to a reasonable number before getting more

Back