• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT/S 300MM Ashi Honyaki Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure it is a nice piece, but what is the future roi, does it have a future?
Or is it something you just want to own, because you can?

I see, this was what I was told by someone...

if it's just W2, how does he get it to look the way it does.. haven't seen it anywhere else

I know this isn't the right thread for this and I apologize in advance if I sound like I'm being mean to you... that's not my intention here, but there is so much misinformation and false secondhand information passed around on the forums nowadays. You guys really need to tone it down. People talk about Ashi-san, Shiraki-san, etc., like they know them and heard things directly from them, but I actually know these guys and a lot of what is said is false. Sometimes its a function of things being lost in translation, and other times its educated guesses being construed as fact, but it really causes problems. Its even more difficult because sometimes when I know things to be false, they aren't things I can fix or mention anything about as the people who you guys are talking about have asked me not to talk about the things in question and people get angry when I just simply says such and such or so and so is wrong without any further explanation. Again, just trying to address an issue that has become a rather serious problem... not trying to bite anyone's head off about these things, but rather just help people be more aware of the issue and maybe get people to tone it down a bit. Sorry again for saying this stuff here, as I am aware it's not the right place, but it seemed important to say.

Lastly, even though I just posted it above, sorry for the way I typed before... I should have typed white #2, but when I think about it, I always abbreviate it to W2 in my notes, so I just wrote it that way on here. And this happens to be something I know from having trained in that workshop, spending time there every year, seeing it with my own two eyes, having these conversations with Ashi-san in Japanese, and through being good friends with the guy. There are some other guys that have first hand experience like this (osakajoe comes to mind), but so many people who don't have direct contact or even speak the language state things like they are fact, but they are usually just hearsay.

I see, this was what I was told by someone...

if it's just W2, how does he get it to look the way it does.. haven't seen it anywhere else

I do see the steel banding on my Hiromoto honyaki western handle.

it's one year to the day this was post... ashi's are now 5-6K usd!!!!!!!!!!!!!
impossible to find in Japan.. Wished I had jumped onto this one:)

Back