Yoshihiro ginsanko 210 gyuto, impressions?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the western version? I had a san-mai wa handle version. There's not much of a distal taper if I recall correctly. It wasn't very thin behind the edge either. I would recommended thinning it a bit if you do get it. It'll cut much better after thinning.

I just picked up a Tanaka Ginsan from K&S and it’s a badass knife for the money. I got the double metal spacer and horn handle to qualify for free shipping. It’s thin and gets real thin at the tip. Almost laser like behind the edge. Goes through anything without effort and all stainless to boot. Love it so far!

20180718_185339.jpg

I just picked up a Tanaka Ginsan from K&S and it’s a badass knife for the money. I got the double metal spacer and horn handle to qualify for free shipping. It’s thin and gets real thin at the tip. Almost laser like behind the edge. Goes through anything without effort and all stainless to boot. Love it so far!
Thanks, I had one but didn't keep it because the blade was too malleable for me, I could bend it fairly easily with just my hands.

Panda -- You're project looks not so bad after all the work ;)

Back