• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Yoshikane old-stock damascus utility/paring/hunter knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks, I ended up finding a damascus hunting knife from Yoshikane that I love, so selling this one which I bought new from JNS and which remains unused and new. It's one of the old stock Yoshikane damascus blades, utility or paring style knife, and I paid 160 DKK or about $250 for it. Per JNS, it's an old stock hunting, from Old Yoshikane (Mr. Tsuneo Yoshida) and they are hard to find now. Either way, beautiful little blade. I was actually thinking of doing an epoxy soaked cord wrap on it - would make an awesome handle on it. Includes light leather sheath, and has a spot for lanyard if you want.
Asking $200 CONUS, $225 Int'l.
IMG_6890.jpg
IMG_6891.jpg
IMG_6892.jpg
IMG_6894.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6895.jpg
    IMG_6895.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 32
Are old stock preferable over new stock?
If so why?
It depends on who you ask. The old stock Yoshikane are forged by Mr. Tsuneo Yoshida which makes this a collector item in that regard. Is he better than the current generation of Yoshikane 'smiths producing work? Some would argue yes, some would say no. I think because he isn't producing work anymore, his work is certainly more rare than current Yoshikane work which is readily available at retailers. Some might argue that the old world craftsmanship and knowledge and lifetime dedication devoted to the art of 'smithing differentiates the older work from the new 'smiths work where many more hands touch a single blade.

Back