• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Masamoto KS Gyuto 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannynyc

Reaction score
Up for sale, my Masamoto KS. As a previous poster said, you know everything there is to know about this knife. Got this off B/S/T a while back, well before the sub-standard batch from Rakuten. This knife has seen plenty of use, but has been thinned by Ivan at Tosho and is a fantastic cutter. I'm selling this only because I have too many similar gyutos and I've come to the conclusion that I prefer semi-stainless over carbon.

Height at heel: 47cm
Blade length: 250mm

$280, CONUS shipping included. Paypal. Can ship as of December 24, when I'll be in the states for the holidays.

Sorry about the less-than-stellar photos. It's damned hard to take good closeups with an iPhone. The knife has a nice blue patina that really doesn't come through in these photos. I can send more photos upon request.

masa1.jpg

Masa2.jpg

Masa3.jpg

Masa6.jpg

masa8.jpg

Masa9.jpg

Here are some photos under better light that give a much more accurate view of the patina.

Ok, these photos, taken in daylight, do a much better job of showing the attractive patina on this knife.
Also, price drop to $265, shipping included.

Masa10.jpg

Masa12.jpg

I'm starting to take this personally. Used to be a ks would just fly off the shelf.

If you're interested in this knife, pm me with an offer.

This is just how it is. I say use it, enjoy the hell out of a great knife, and be happy everyone has suddenly forgotten about the allure of a KS.

my ks I one of my favourite knives it can do everything and do it well it takes a beating but is amazing for fine work including slicing and even portioning large things such as slicing vegetable terrines and stuff. honestly with a bit of work they are well worth the money I paid close to 400 for mine including shipping and exchange rates and at this price its a steal. these knives are in the $300-400 knife range in comparison with other knives.

I believe it Christmas time to blame for… most people already spent their pocket money on presents.
Anyway GLWS!

SPF. Will, will let you know if it doesn't go through.

Back