Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Kippington workhorse honyaki pass around

Hah it was always a bit of a gamble sending them around to so many people, I'd be very curious to know how they look now after you've done some work to them. I'll only ever get to see the Marek laser again, as Craig's WH will of course stay in the US.
    I've actually learned a lot about grinds in the year or so since I made the two passarounds. My shop is back up and running but it's time for me to stop focusing on the profile/grind/HT and instead look into making better handles. I've gone a little quiet on the forum as I do a little R&D in that direction. I appreciate your kind words on the handles you've got with you.

I need a freaking logo too!

There's a bird on your shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippington View Post
    I need a freaking logo too!
    It's got to be a parrot-like bird!

Quote Originally Posted by valgard View Post
    It's got to be a parrot-like bird!
    Yup
    You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful knife
    You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

I actually forgot to mention that I really dig the simple handles, agree with Sun on the preferring the bigger one. I have big mitts🤲
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

barely made a dent, but just the spot right at the edge needed serious trimming so i basically just knocked that 'tiny shoulder' off. still needs more work but it cuts pretty good now.
    in its current state is measured right at 52mm, so its lost 1mm since birth.

That should actually make a good bit of difference...lol will probably enjoy not getting back a fatty...really loved the thin tip it sports...but definitely needed a bit of meat taken off the middle.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

The workhorse has been sharpened enough at this point that it just isnít performing the way it should. This was how it looked at the beginning of the passaround.
    https://i.imgur.com/74a48tK.jpg
    Iím going to take it out of the passaround. Last 3 people waiting for passaround, are you guys still interested in using just the laser?

Administrator
    It's going to be so fixed that it'll be broke.

Older and wider..