240 gyuto prebuy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick update, I have spent the last 2 days heat treating, more to go.
Del

Del, I'm not sure whether or not you tweaked the profile, but it is looking great!

Ok so I have been grinding the O-1 blades that I heat treated and then I realized that I had not yet made the mokume for pin stock. So I interrupted the blade work today to set up the mokume. The mokume is in the oven cooking, and i will finish that tomorrow. I should say that this is just the first batch and there will be more to make in a bit.
For the stainless blades I have to wait until next week to get some liquid nitrogen to freeze the steel as part of the heat treating.
Thanks,
Del

It is getting very close for some of the O-1 blades, I was hand sanding the first blade when I realized about the pin stock. For those of you that requested O-1 expect to hear from me in the next few days. :viking:

Ok so I have been grinding the O-1 blades that I heat treated and then I realized that I had not yet made the mokume for pin stock. So I interrupted the blade work today to set up the mokume. The mokume is in the oven cooking, and i will finish that tomorrow. I should say that this is just the first batch and there will be more to make in a bit.
For the stainless blades I have to wait until next week to get some liquid nitrogen to freeze the steel as part of the heat treating.
Thanks,
Del

It is getting very close for some of the O-1 blades, I was hand sanding the first blade when I realized about the pin stock. For those of you that requested O-1 expect to hear from me in the next few days. :viking:

Woohoo! Would love to see some of the Mokume pins. Don't think I've seen a picture!

Sounds great I was hoping you didn't forget about the mokume pins, I also can't wait to see them when finished, I have high hopes.

I didn't forget about them I just hope i can remember to orient them correctly.
Del

Wo-hoo! So excited about these--Looking forward to seeing hoe the mokume turns out! :viking:

Sorry for the crappy pics I took these after midnight. Mokume pins and 3 blades hand sanded, just awaiting the final sanding, and 3 blades before hand sanding.
I will be fitting and glueing handles today. I'll try and get some better pics today as well.
Thanks,
Del

Sorry for the crappy pics I took these after midnight. Mokume pins and 3 blades hand sanded, just awaiting the final sanding, and 3 blades before hand sanding.
I will be fitting and glueing handles today. I'll try and get some better pics today as well.
Thanks,
Del

Can't wait to see some pics! :plus1:

Thanks,
Del
Looks like we're missing some pics, Del.

Sorry wrote the post and forgot to put up the pics:brainfart::oops:
Del

mokume pins.jpg

finished blades2.jpg

finished blades1.jpg

Oh wow that mokume is amazing, glad I got one of them in my knife. Making me impatient del!

Sweet, you're really going to work quickly on them. Can't wait to get mine.

Sorry to keep you guys waiting, i just finished, i came in to get my camera, off to take some pics.
Del

They look amazing! Super excited for mine!

Looks like two of use also liked the same wood combination :)

Love the fact they not only got the mokume pins but also the serial numbers, really makes them as special as they look. I know I'm gonna be bugging my mail man until I get this baby home.

very nice, watching the progression is very cool.

I'm sure I'm not the only one but I have already copied the photos of my knife to my phone and have spent at least a half hour this morning drooling at the site of it... The next few days are gonna be a rough wait.

Back