240 gyuto prebuy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost wish I had went with carbon so I would have it already! The wait is killing me! :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Joking! Take as much time as needed, I'll just look at these other ones and drool! :drool::drool::drool:

I do have some good news for you, I found some mammoth bone! And then I went and ran out of blackwood, more on the way.
I'll send you a pic of the bone soon.
Del

I'll have some more finished pics tomorrow, or maybe later today

I do have some good news for you, I found some mammoth bone! And then I went and ran out of blackwood, more on the way.
I'll send you a pic of the bone soon.
Del

I'll have some more finished pics tomorrow, or maybe later today

Oh Irony! Do you have the Wood? Maybe you could take a quick shot of it aswell? black ash wood that is!

2 more finished, 2 more to go and I get to work on the spoons.
Also a piece of mammoth bone for hermes knife. (I also have the blackwood now thanks to Mike Davis)
Thanks,
Del

mammothbone.jpg

p5.jpg

p5-2.jpg

p12.jpg

p12-2.jpg

2 more finished, 2 more to go and I get to work on the spoons.
Also a piece of mammoth bone for hermes knife. (I also have the blackwood now thanks to Mike Davis)
Thanks,
Del

How big is that mammoth bone? Looks pretty small. After looking around on the net the prices on that stuff was pretty crazy. How much did it cost?

How big is that mammoth bone? Looks pretty small. After looking around on the net the prices on that stuff was pretty crazy. How much did it cost?

Its about 3 1/2 inches wide and 5-6 inches long, on the end you can see its over an inch thick solid bone.
Del

That is a beasty chunk o' goodie :) I want to see this one all wrapped up, going to be pretty darn amazing!

Del!

Saw this in the new post section and was like, "Hey! He must have posted some pics of my knife!". But no, it was a trick!

James,
I am playing with your mind hehe, although I am working on your knife today.
Del

Looking good, Del. I wonder where are all the reviews on these knives? Have you been getting much feedback?

Looking good, Del. I wonder where are all the reviews on these knives? Have you been getting much feedback?

The knives turned out so well, everybody is at a loss for words. :wink:

I love the look of one with an endcap. Not as natural looking as your regular handles but nice and different!

This prebuy gave me the oppurtunity to try out some new things including the double bolster knife above. I actually got 2 for 1 with that one because I put mammoth bone bolsters on it as well.(I know to charge extra for this now, its worse than antler and takes forever to hand polish. I also used this as a poll to judge the reaction to a shorter(less tall) design. I also made a 210 gyuto and a 210 western and I wanted to keep both of them. They turned out great and they may be the theme to my next prebuy.
Thanks,
Del

This prebuy gave me the oppurtunity to try out some new things including the double bolster knife above. I actually got 2 for 1 with that one because I put mammoth bone bolsters on it as well.(I know to charge extra for this now, its worse than antler and takes forever to hand polish. I also used this as a poll to judge the reaction to a shorter(less tall) design. I also made a 210 gyuto and a 210 western and I wanted to keep both of them. They turned out great and they may be the theme to my next prebuy.
Thanks,
Del

Del as much as I love you knives, don't tempt us too much. I'm not sure I would be able to resist.

Del

PM sent for the 210mm Western.

Thanks,
Del

Those 210s look like great knives for smaller work spaces.

Back