All Rectangle March?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't stand a chance
IMG_20240324_134649.jpg
IMG_20240324_140707.jpg

Any suggestions for the best Aliexpress chinese chef's knife for general use? Looking for something stainless and don't want to pay $150+ for CCK cleaver.

Some might remember that last year I proudly started my ARM participation, but then dropped out since I visited the forge of Fredrik Spåre to make my own knife there at one of his classes. That knife was a Bunka which is not a rectangle.

This morning I once again found myself at a door with this sign by the side:

original_8623bcd6-5f5c-462a-b6e8-c4604dca3478_PXL_20240324_112135181.jpg

Uh-oh... don't worry, I came home with this knife:

PXL_20240324_174322987.jpg

:)

Some might remember that last year I proudly started my ARM participation, but then dropped out since I visited the forge of Fredrik Spåre to make my own knife there at one of his classes. That knife was a Bunka which is not a rectangle.

This morning I once again found myself at a door with this sign by the side:

View attachment 310373

Uh-oh... don't worry, I came home with this knife:

View attachment 310377

:)

Very cool. Looks great!

Any suggestions for the best Aliexpress chinese chef's knife for general use? Looking for something stainless and don't want to pay $150+ for CCK cleaver.
If its to try the shape I'd just get a shibazi 208-1 for £20 off aliexpress. Its a good knife for the money and plenty for home use. Just doesn't hold an edge all day in a commercial kitchen.

Tojiro F-632 VG-10 Chinese cleaver. An absolute tank. Stainless cladding over stainless core with a stainless handle. Thinned behind the edge so it’s great for regular prep, but robust enough to use like an axe to get through the hard skin and super dense flesh of the yucca.
2F544B62-E37D-4286-9ECF-49E6054FC372.jpeg

Chopper King at Chef Knives To Go?

https://www.**************.com/taknkiau.html

https://www.**************.com/chkivgsmsl21.html

Last edited:
I just pulled out my remaining one and realized I bought a #3 and 4, still have the 4. Gonna play around with it again and see if it kicks up a spark. :)

We keep the #1 stainless and the #4 Carbon on our magnet at all time.

I slightly prefer the #3 because it is just a touch bigger, but we’re talking just barely. Wife preferred the #4 so it wins. The #2 I think is my favorite size.

Added all of the #s in the post above.

Although I’ve also posted this one in „Show your newest knife buy“ I wanna make sure it is in the mother of all rectangle threads, too:

Merion Forge nakiri 192 / 62 / 262.6g with pentagonal handle in stabilized maple and horn ferrule:

47309023ng.jpeg

And BTW, the sandwich was buttered inside, of course. How could one eat an umbuttered sandwich??? Heathens!!!

Back