Any F1 fans here?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not F1 per se but bravo Ferrari. To win after last competing in the Le Mans 24hr 58 years ago is incredible. And in treacherous conditions. Just goes to show they can still do it. Ford must have really upset Enzo.
6485e257d46b1.jpg

Edit. Last win in top tier 58 years ago, but last competed 50 years ago, leaving the iconic race to focus on F1,,,,, so the story goes.

Last edited:
So Ferrari managed to race 24 hours without botched strategy calls? Shocking! :D

New year new season....same ol, same ol. You know the Championship is in trouble when all the drama is going down in pit lane.

FIA may as well just give Max the trophy now.

This Michael Schumacher quote about making Formula 1 boring feels relevant with all the talk about Max Verstappen dominance.

"Should I hit the brakes just because that would be apparently good for Formula One?," Schumacher said when asked whether his dominance was making the sport dull.

Same was said with Hamilton 7 world championships. Total domination with beginning of hybrid era.

Now Max with a good team, the Honda engine seems unbeatable. Even when rare times he starts back in the field he moves up & wins the race. His teamate Perez has done that too moving through field to get on podium. It seems like no one is fast as Max now.

This Michael Schumacher quote about making Formula 1 boring feels relevant with all the talk about Max Verstappen dominance.

"Should I hit the brakes just because that would be apparently good for Formula One?," Schumacher said when asked whether his dominance was making the sport dull.
That's when racers told it like it is instead of politically correct answers.

I'm not really following F1 at the moment but I used to work for someone who was 3rd in charge of the FIA.

During the Monaco grand prix he would give us lowly workers tickets to all of the races, the historic cars were the best races!

We always went with friends to a little restaurant on the night before the final race. One time I held the door open for Hamilton as he walked out, walked past a table with Schumacher, pre injury. My captain stopped to talk to one of his drinking mates having dinner with his son (Jenson Button) and we were sat at the table next to Rubens Barrichello for the evening. Him and his wife chatted with our group through the evening and we had a great time, his kids were so well behaved and polite too.

I'm not really following F1 at the moment but I used to work for someone who was 3rd in charge of the FIA.

During the Monaco grand prix he would give us lowly workers tickets to all of the races, the historic cars were the best races!

We always went with friends to a little restaurant on the night before the final race. One time I held the door open for Hamilton as he walked out, walked past a table with Schumacher, pre injury. My captain stopped to talk to one of his drinking mates having dinner with his son (Jenson Button) and we were sat at the table next to Rubens Barrichello for the evening. Him and his wife chatted with our group through the evening and we had a great time, his kids were so well behaved and polite too.
I've seen video of historic racing 1950's cars. Must be awesome to see those in person racing on streets of Monaco.

I've seen video of historic racing 1950's cars. Must be awesome to see those in person racing on streets of Monaco.
I went to 4 Monaco grand prix and everytime the historic cars were the best. Cars from the 50's to the 80's I think, and all driven by retired F1 drivers. They wouldn't be racing much as there was such a power range between the cars but the drivers would be really showing off thier skills and the performance of the cars and generally having a blast with the cars and the crowd.

Back