Available soon, two sujihiki 270mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next to feather, I think herringbone is the my favorite pattern of yours.

Thanks for the pictures.

Love the wip photo's. It keeps me wanting to go buy a sander and start wasting time hoping it is learning.

I can't wait to see the finished product!:knife:Thanks for WIP pictures!!

A picture is worth a thousand words! Thanks for posting them Devin.

Whoo Hooo! :bliss: subscribed!! Its awesome to see some of your processing. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much, Hoss, for their excellent work and for a detailed account of how it occurred! :thumbsup:

I loved the second knife - stainless Herring bone damascus with a core of S90-V (stainless super wear resistant) 270mm and I want to buy it!

Reserve it for me, please!

And please, do not stop reporting about its manufacture.

Keep up the great pictures Hoss, we always say pictures don't do your patterns justice, but we sure do still love seeing them though. I think I like the WIP shots more than finished product shots, I mean we've all got finished knives, it's the process we don't get to see all the time.

I feel like a dirty little fly on the wall watching for some tips and tricks. I love this stuff - keep posting Devin!

Thanks everyone. We'll do some more on the handle tomorrow.

Hoss

This is great! Interesting to see you use a work rest, and some others do not. I'm sure it allows for even greater consistency, and now I think I'll Jimmy one up for my grinder.

For me the work rest just gets rid of one more thing to think about.

Hoss

Excellent stuff Devin, very nice the way you shape the Mokume Ferrule, very little waste of precious material. :biggrin:

The controller on the grinder went out today. It's fixed now. Back at it soon. Just glad that I had another controller.

Hoss

Finishing the tang, rounding the spine and choil, etching the blade.

The buffer is moving yet it is a still photo.

Hoss

001.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

010.JPG

012.JPG

013.jpg

016.JPG

017.JPG

Love the WIP!! The amount of work you are putting into just that blade is amazing, and I can't wait to see how it all comes together! Thanks for doing this Devin!

Big trouble etching!

Every once in a while I get my self in trouble etching stainless. It never happens with carbon damascus. Something happens in the heat treating that causes patches of uneven etching. The more I mess with it the worse it gets. The problem is worse when there are several different steels in the mix, like damascus with a core. And it always happens when people are watching.

Look closely near the tip and around the name stamp. I will remake the blade, no problem. It just hurts to have to relearn what I'm doing some times.

I'll regrind this into a line knife.

Hoss

038.JPG

I'll take it, if you need to get rid of the evidence. won't tell a soul.you don't even need to handle it. I take knife donations from famous makers, you know.

Can't you just put it down to random variation and keep it the way it is? Like when Dave etches the Hiros and sometimes they look crazy

I also take such "scrap", in case you were wondering. No handle required! I'll pay shipping! :D

Seems such a shame to see a beauty like that get thrown in the junk heap

even there are some small flaws, its didn't hurt this beauty a bit!!

Back