Breast Cancer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, I am very sorry to hear the news. Stay strong and keep positive. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Thanks again to everyone. Your thoughts, prayers and well-wishes mean the world to my wife & I. It's crazy to say, but you guys are way more supportive than a majority of our other friends.....and I've only really met a handful of you!
Thanks again, I'll keep you all posted as to how everything goes.
It's so cool to think that we've got people on other continents (that we've never met) and across the country pulling for us-all because of a Kitchen Knife Forum!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again ..................
.............KKF F-ing rules!

Hi Chris, best wishes from me also. I hope you will get the best medical care and support for your wife and your family. I hope you don't mind my saying this, but as for the support of friends, keep in mind that many people don't know how to deal with this or have their own fears of cancer or other diseases. I know this may be difficult, but think about approaching the ones who are important to you and let them know what kind of support you would like and help them to get comfortable with the situation. Often people want to help and don't know how, and relationships that could be very helpful fade away because of a lack of communication. Sorry, the psychologist in me wouldn't shut up...

Stefan

Chris, best thoughts and healthy wishes going your way. Hope to see you, the missus and your kids all doing well at next years ECG.

A long time friend of mine was diagnosed with BC a month ago. Hang in there, Chris.

Hi Chris, best wishes from me also. I hope you will get the best medical care and support for your wife and your family. I hope you don't mind my saying this, but as for the support of friends, keep in mind that many people don't know how to deal with this or have their own fears of cancer or other diseases. I know this may be difficult, but think about approaching the ones who are important to you and let them know what kind of support you would like and help them to get comfortable with the situation. Often people want to help and don't know how, and relationships that could be very helpful fade away because of a lack of communication. Sorry, the psychologist in me wouldn't shut up...

Stefan

This sounds like very good advice!

Stay strong and positive!

Sending positive thoughts out into the universe for your family Chris. Hang in there.

Quick update:
We go in tomorrow A.M. for the mastectomy. We are looking forward to kicking ass and taking names. But I'll settle for a successful surgery! Knowing all the facts and having a good plan has made us all feel a lot better. It's going to be a long road but we are going to make it. Supposedly the surgery is the easy part and chemo is when it gets really tough, but we'll cross that bridge later.
Thanks again to everyone. Those of you who've posted and tons of you that PM'ed me have really helped me out more than you know.
I'll keep you guys updated, and yes me and the family will be at ECG next year. I'm looking forward to unleashing my feral children in Craig's backyard. I'll have to bring some juiceboxes and PB&J's
Thanks, Chris

Chris I wish you and your lovely wife all the best on the surgery .

Surgery was successful. We hope to get the hell out of the hospital sometime later this afternoon. I'll spare you guys all the gruesome details of what my new knurse-ly duties will be, but we're going to be happy to have this stage done.

Keep Strong Brother. Continued thoughts and prayers coming your way. Congrats on successful stage I and I hope for continued successes as you work through this.

Hope you are home and that things are on the mend.

Good news (for a change) today.
Surgery healing well and all pathology came back negative. We are hoping this means she can skip radiation. This will help with several areas of reconstruction and general recovery.
She's finally feeling a little better.

Surgery healing well and all pathology came back negative. We are hoping this means she can skip radiation. This will help with several areas of reconstruction and general recovery.

good news, and good luck!

excellent news Chris, times may get a little rough ahead and depression may set in for both of you. Remember you have each other and your kids. She is not going to feel her best and I don't mean the cancer. Always. let her know you see her as a woman and you find her desirable. THe scars we carry aren't always visible and sometimes we forget that. Actions not just words. I'm not talking grand gestures here, Little things that make her smile. Her smile will make you smile and things get better and stronger. lean against each other for support. One doesn't have to do it all by themselves.
I'm glad things are well, stay strong and positive.
Son

I am happy things are going well. Keep positive.

Great news, Chris! I'm more than thrilled to read it!

What Son wrote is some great insight, as well.

too tired to read everything and i would like you to watch "running from the cure" on youtube, try to have an open mind. can't hurt.

good news and hope everything goes well.

Back