Breast Cancer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was there this PM for Thanksgiving dinner. I would like to report that Jen (Mrs. knerd) is looking a lot better, and was up and walking around some. Her appetite was good, too.
The dinner was excellent. All I did was bring a bit o' home baked bread.
Your prayers and/or positive thoughts make a difference, and are most welcome.

Appreciate the update, one day at a time and as Son put so well, one smile at a time can conquer anything. All my prayers, Jen...

First Chemo treatment today. The pathology that originally came back as "optimistic" was disproved by a second pathology report known as Oncotype DX. We now know she has triple negative breast cancer which has a much higher recurrence rate, therefore a much more aggressive chemo regimen or "cocktail" is prescribed.
The infusion went well. Now is the waiting game to see how bad the side effects are. I shave my head and will soon be doing it for my wife too! I never thought she would have less hair than me!
After 18 weeks of Chemo will be at least 2 more surgeries. She tested positive for the genetic mutation and will have to have her ovaries and fallopian tubes removed as well.
Good times!
It is difficult to see "the light at the end of the f-ing tunnel" right now, but I know it's out there somewhere.

hang in there. i know somebody at work who had the same type, and she is cancer free three years on. her hair came back in curly, too, which she was thrilled about, as she used to get perms.

I was just thinking about you and your family today, Chris. I'm sorry to hear that the road to recovery may be longer and more difficult than initially expected. One day at a time...

Sorry to read this, Chris. I'm not a prayer type of guy, but my prayers are with you and your wife. Keep strong!

Chris I texted you earlier but I'll say it again I hope the best for your wife and if you need anything let me know

I don't know how I missed this thread before... I'm not a religious kind of guy, but I do believe in the power of positive energy, and after reading this thread it seems like there is a lot of it headed in your family's direction. Stay strong Chris, she needs it and obviously deserves it. I really wish I could've grabbed a beer with you when I was in Charlotte this weekend. And I'd like to give you an even greater thanks for going out of your way in those PM's to try to help me navigate my way through NC. Knowing that you had this on your mind, it shows what a great guy you are. My thoughts will be with all of of you.

That does sound like a stony road ahead, good you have each other for support and walking it together. I wish you all the strength and luck you need and hope that - one step at a time - you will come out of this together rather sooner than later.

Stefan

I'm currently sitting with my wife at her LAST chemo infusion!
We'll be so happy to be done with this cycle of the cancer treatment. My b-day was yesterday, my wife's is tomorrow and our wedding anniversary is next week-so it's a busy month so far. I can think of no better gift than to be done with the side effects of the TAC chemo.
She's still got radiation and probably 3 more surgeries, but that should be a breeze compared to chemo.
Life is going to start to get a lot better after next week!:thumbsup::headbang::moonwalk::relax::doublethumbsup::bliss::happymug::):biggrin::happy222:

holy sh** man, I had no idea, best of luck to you both and keep powering through all those treatments

Will be praying for you and your family. Take care!

Happy birthday to you both, and cheers to many more. Congratulations to your wife and yourself for staying strong!

best wishes for your wife and you and congratulations to both of you!

Hey, congrats on getting past the chemo -- that's really awful, and getting past it is cause for celebration. My wife went through treatment for breast cancer 7 years ago, and is still doing great. Radiation isn't any fun either -- very exhausting -- but should hopefully be a lot easier to deal with now that chemo is in the rearview mirror.

My best to you both.

My fight was last year, and nowhere near as hard. I have curly hair, now, though! Best of luck to you both.

Excellent give her a pat on the bottom from chef for her birthday and a hug for the anniversary.

I'm currently sitting with my wife at her LAST chemo infusion!
We'll be so happy to be done with this cycle of the cancer treatment. My b-day was yesterday, my wife's is tomorrow and our wedding anniversary is next week-so it's a busy month so far. I can think of no better gift than to be done with the side effects of the TAC chemo.
She's still got radiation and probably 3 more surgeries, but that should be a breeze compared to chemo.
Life is going to start to get a lot better after next week!:thumbsup::headbang::moonwalk::relax::doublethumbsup::bliss::happymug::):biggrin::happy222:

yay!

This thread serves to remind us exactly what is important in our lives. I wish the very best for your wife and family. She is fortunate to have you in her life. Is there anything we can do for you ?

This is good news but I expect this week will be difficult but at least there is an end in site; maybe that will help. I still insist that you buy Jen a gift like a 270. ;)

Great news, Chris! Wish your wife the best for us and tell her I'm always impressed by the fight in some people. :D

I'm so happy to hear everything is going well! I wishing all of the best with the remaining procedures. :D

Latest posts

Back