D. Martell Butcher Knife Set - KKF Member Project

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the input guys, I'm listening to every little thing you say.

dough, I love lambsplitters but I don't know about making them though. :laugh:

what if you could get Sam to hammer them close so you jsut finish grind handle

Hammering them out is the only way I think they could (maybe) be done cost effectively.

OK, I'm back at this again after seeing in another thread (in The Kitchen Knife forum) the mention of what a couple of people are interested in getting for a butcher's knife.

Of the two knives shown here which are you most interested in for the larger knife?

Butcher Knives.jpg

Here is a picture of a garasuki with kiritsuke tip, I think I remember someone mentioning a preference for this knife as the Forum boner-ha ha. I really like the tip because the blade isn't too narrow and that makes it possibly functional as a petty.

http://www.**************.com/tcblwa165mm.html

What do you all think of it, but maybe with a western handle instead?

My apologies, Dave, I know the image is from the competition but it's only to throw ideas around.

+1 for the scimitar. it seems like a more versatile shape. How long would you make it?

I have to vote for the first one, I don't even know what it is called but I have always found them useful. To be honest, I have never used a scimitar and I would buy either one. Just have a tendancy to lean towards the first as a personal preference.

HAHAHAHAH. Dave, they are going to force you to make a cleaver at some point, you know it...

"My apologies, Dave, I know the image is from the competition but it's only to throw ideas around."
FWTW, if you click on "enlarge image", the copy image, you can bypass the rest of the site!

chefknivestogo_2151_16312792

I vote for the bull nose knife on the left.

Do you think this project will get knocked out before the end of summer?

I need to get cracking on this. It'd be nice to get a design pinned down. :EDance2:

Yup. Especially when it might take a few versions from the waterjet company to get it dialed in.

My vote would be for a straight 6-inch flex narrow boning, curved stiff narrow 6-inch boning, and a 12-inch cimeter. You can't have too many boning knives when you are breaking whole animals down so adding a wide 6-inch stiff boning to that would also be nice.

Back