Contest - Win a Surprise WA Re-handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a wood guy, what do I know.
Vertigo, you can enter your cleaver.
Now enter your photos everyone.
That is except Spike. He fed his camera to his dog, right before he set up the motorcycle springboard so his dog can get over the fence easier.

Hahahahhaha!

Hard to post any media from my nook, but Id like to enter my Suisin Inox Honyaki wa-gyuto 240mm. Its featured in my profile photo. I can post something different next weekend if needed.

Hard to post any media from my nook, but Id like to enter my Suisin Inox Honyaki wa-gyuto 240mm.
Those are such nice handles too. The F&F on my Inox Honyaki is impeccable, that's why I'm not nominating it...................................

..............but my Kamagata Usuba would look so cool with a custom handle. Maybe one of these days.

Those are such nice handles too. The F&F on my Inox Honyaki is impeccable, that's why I'm not nominating it...................................

..............but my Kamagata Usuba would look so cool with a custom handle. Maybe one of these days.

Like the new profile photo....

This would be my first custom handle.....tho i am supposed to gets a laminate from taz, if i can bloody find time to get it in the mail....

It took me a while to decide between this or a deba.
Ultimately I decided that while debas come and go, I am unlikely to ever part with this knife, so it is my most genuine candidate.
I am with several guys aroud here in that I dont have much of anthing else that's an option really. I don't want the knife gods coming after me for stripping down a Doi or a beautiful marble Dreamcraft.

Here's some more Ho wood on the kindling block:
2012-10-22T20-24-29.jpg

Id like to enter my Suisin Inox Honyaki wa-gyuto 240mm. Its featured in my profile photo. I can post something different next weekend if needed.
Those are such nice handles too. The F&F on my Inox Honyaki is impeccable, that's why I'm not nominating it
Zwiefel, how could you? An innocent, defenceless, magnificent ho-wa....

Good heavens, it's a ho-wood massacre!
This did make me laugh. Good one.
:thankyou2:

Cutty enter the contest! The handle can be made exactly to your specifications. Even if you don't care about the wood, thats better than a randomly sized stock Ho handle huh?

:thankyou2:

Thanks, mhenry. Yes, I said I would enter if I find a new knife with a handle I don't like over the next few days in Japan. :rolleyes2: I'm happy with what I already have, though, so those ho's will be left to live out the rest of their natural lives just as as nature intended!

Come on Cutty, thats not Gangnam Style. Bling it up!

Let's all chip in our old ho wood handles and make some kind of craft or statue or something for cutty. I've got 2 I can donate. I'll bet mhenry has a ton. Maybe ship them all to the boardsmith and he can make a cutting board out of them.

I heard if you don't take care of your hoes they split on you.

just like you guys to joke and pick on innocent wood.

Let's all chip in our old ho wood handles and make some kind of craft or statue or something for cutty. I've got 2 I can donate. I'll bet mhenry has a ton. Maybe ship them all to the boardsmith and he can make a cutting board out of them.

Thanks, but I'd prefer something a little more solemn and respectful. A ho sculpture or monument of some kind paying tribute to the countless ho's who were promised so much, a dignified role in life at the service of a fine blade - and soon found themselves prematurely cast onto the craftsman's cold floor.

The many unceremoniously discarded ho handles that I have smacked with hammers, and crushed in vises would bring a tear to your eyes.

just like you guys to joke and pick on innocent wood.

Thanks, but I'd prefer something a little more solemn and respectful. A ho sculpture or monument of some kind paying tribute to the countless ho's who were promised so much, a dignified role in life at the service of a fine blade - and soon found themselves prematurely cast onto the craftsman's cold floor.

a>

Masamoto KS

Been meaning to send to Mike, but life changes have got in the way...

Thanks for the opportunity, and happy birthday!

I am getting used to the Ho but I still like bling so my new 210 Shig Miroshi Deba

October272012

This is going to be a hard one to draw, with all of the conversation, etc. Good luck with this one, Mark! ;)

Here you go CanadianMan:
DSC00014.jpg

Well, the good news is that the odds aren't on my side? I do really like that blonde burl that Mark was showing off recently though....

I don't have many other options: chestnut on the Gesshin petty, or whatever (ho?) is on the Zakuri petty. I really like the chestnut and the zakuri hardly seems a worthy recipient.

Might as well send Cutty Sharp completely around the bend...Shig Ajikiri.

ShigRehandle.jpg

Just back from Japan, the Land of Ho, and as promised I'll submit my sole knife purchase from the trip - but only for viewing, not for the contest. Sorry guys. As you can see it's a first-rate Yamamoto Hide handle with perfect f&f and I'm completely ho-happy again. Besides it's a plain stainless blade that would look all out of balance with something busier. Sometimes simplicity is best.

IMG_2475.jpg

I will do the drawing around 5pm PST
Still time if anyone hasn't entered yet.

Back