Contest - Win a Surprise WA Re-handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I thought about my Takeda, butt I like the handle on it, so how about this one, I'm using more and more and it works well!
IMG_2655.JPG

I've put a lot of work into this knife as it was purchased to learn on. It's a great cutter and really needs a new pair of shoes :) Awesome contest, thanks for doing this!

38320337.jpg

I'm in with my Sakai Yusuke 240mm gyuto :) Thank you for the great contest :D

IMG_7740.jpg

Come on Cutty Sharp, enter the contest. If you win we will make it something conservative that will go good with your red mohawk and tattoos.

Hehe... mohawk and tattoos, how'd you know! :slaphead: Seriously, I haven't got a big collection and wouldn't want to spare anything, and I'm quite happy with all my wa-handles which are either ho or ichii. If I pick up a stinker in Japan next week I'll try and post it before the 29th, although that's the day I return. ... And then if I win you can get get your revenge with an over-the-top pink-mauve burl! (I'd vow to keep it too.) :tongue:

Sorry about the lame cell phone pic but I'd love a new pair of shoes on my Suisin Yanagiba.
The OG handle has started to crack a little bit on the bottom side just behind the ferrule.
Thanks for the chance at a sweet new handle Mark and Mike!
IMAG0314-1.jpg

Here's one that needs some new shoes. Ferrule has started to move a little, and the backside has a marred spot on the horn that makes me wince every time I see it. It's a Doi 300mm Takohiki.

Thanks for doing this M&M!

ecchef's suisin dreamcraft should be taken out, that stock handle is way too nice to change! :doublethumbsup:

If a conversion is doable (I'll pay the difference!), I have a candidate that I've wanted a new handle on for a LOOOONNNG time.

55072F36-203D-4DF4-98BD-2B091753E043-13229-00001253B6FF0182.jpg

Oh, by the way, yes it is the Misono I'm talking about. :)

Top shelf offer here guys, thanks. :bigeek:

Yoshikane 240 original handle- stained, oiled/waxed, and epoxy treatment- solid but pedestrian.

100_0849-1.jpg

Looks like my link didn't work, so this is a REPOST(ignore the previous one)

Moritaka 270mm AS Gyuto

IMG_20121017_074203.jpg

Ask Mike if he can incorporate the Masamoto symbol from the old handle in as a butt cap. Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.

Here is my submission for your Birthday Mark, This handle is not very comfortable!

Thanks!

27yq1lh.jpg

Kanehiro 240mm gyuto. AS clad in SS. Stock handle is fairly large and bulky, could use some new wood!

really nice knives on here
dont feel worthy with this knife but it gets a serious workout often and could use new shoes
edit: sorry its a konosuke white #2 240mm

mail

Here is my submission for your Birthday Mark, This handle is not very comfortable!

Thanks!
Just round the corners a little and it should be good to go.
Not too sure about the cord wrap ferrule though.

I bet I can get my niece to reproduce it with some red paint and a paint brush, she is a gifted artist. Then we can just epoxy over it. She is nineteen and starving so I might have throw a twenty at her.

Now that is an idea i like!

Good thing I'm not running this contest, a bunch of these would be disqualified! Are you folks nuts?!

I honestly want to join in on this, but I don't have a wa-handle knife that I want to rehandle. It thought about putting in a Tojiro ITK 120mm Petty for giggles, but nah.

I supposedly have a 255mm practice gyuto coming from Marko sans-handle.

Knowing Marko though, it will be a stunning piece of work , but the contest may end before i actually get the blade in my hands. This could actually work out though as he could just ship it right to Mr. Henry.

Ill update with picks if i ever get them.

Latest posts

Back