Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off day from work. Let me play a little bit with some stones. 🙂🔪✨👌🏼
IMG_1937.jpeg
IMG_1944.jpeg

Last edited:
Had to show off some new ones (Evan is new to me but in a trade off BST) because I'm particularly excited about winning the bidinger.

Edit sorry to list em in case you missed the BST and emails.
top is; Evan (it was Bicos)
middle is Bidinger (probably can't miss that one)
bottom is the 180 x 40 petty in cruwear that HSC posted on BST a while back.

Attachments

• IMG_2844.JPG
    IMG_2844.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2844.JPG
    IMG_2844.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Current kit as I start to rebuild:

Misono 240, first knife I bought along with a King combo when I settled down into a new place, home cooking only because I'm never going back to pro kitchens right?

Oops.

Ashi Hamono 210 white #2 petty, because one of the knives I missed the most was my old 210 Gesshin Ginga petty and JKI was out of stock.

300mm white #2 Gesshin Ginga suji, came back in stock like the day I emailed Jon about one 😂

And the nortious CCK, because not a day goes by when I don't gotta fill 5 gallon buckets with chop chop chop.

Attachments

• 20240313_140007.jpg
    20240313_140007.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Got an amazing deal on a 240 Miura Tanaka AS from ashy2classy and was inspired to try to get it to look like Sakai Kikumori’s Tanaka AS.

https://strataportland.com/products...umi-240mm-gyuto-no-handle-takana-signed-dated

I really l liked how the cladding and slight iron migration looks on that finish with the kasumi so here was my attempt with some before/after pics! I think if I brought this to a higher mirror I might even be able to bring out more of the banding!

Before:
IMG_1839.jpeg

IMG_1840.jpeg

After:
IMG_1845.jpeg

IMG_1846.jpeg

IMG_1847.jpeg

IMG_1848.jpeg

The grind on this guy is nuts too 🥵

Had to show off some new ones (Evan is new to me but in a trade off BST) because I'm particularly excited about winning the bidinger.

Edit sorry to list em in case you missed the BST and emails.
top is; Evan (it was Bicos)
middle is Bidinger (probably can't miss that one)
bottom is the 180 x 40 petty in cruwear that HSC posted on BST a while back.
How's the food release and cutting on the triple hollows compared to the b grind?

I’m jealous. I wish I have a side job I can just go somewhere and cut the $hit out of a bunch of produces and get laid. Even if I don’t get laid, it would be good lol
heehee

Last edited:
Took an extra day off today to recover from being sick again, wife and son are gone for the day so figured today is a perfect spa day for the knives and boards.

I only own a SP1K but I’m happy with the edge it provides most of the time and I don’t find the scratches I leave to be too terrible since I’m awful at sharpening still.

Need to fix a few knives that have some rust thanks to the wife & repair a few tips.

Also going to apply some oil & wax to the boards since it’s been about 2 months since the last time.

Also, any suggestions on removing a stain on the walls plate? Wife left a hard boiled egg on it for a while and it left a nice stain.

IMG_5005.jpeg
IMG_4999.jpeg
IMG_4998.jpeg
IMG_5001.jpeg
IMG_5006.jpeg

Also going to use today to figure out who’s going on BST, I’m out of room and need to free up space for the incoming stuff 😅

Last edited:
Took an extra day off today to recover from being sick again, wife and son are gone for the day so figured today is a perfect spa day for the knives and boards.

I only own a SP1K but I’m happy with the edge it provides most of the time and I don’t find the scratches I leave to be too terrible since I’m awful at sharpening still.

Need to fix a few knives that have some rust thanks to the wife & repair a few tips.

Also going to apply some oil & wax to the boards since it’s been about 2 months since the last time.

Also, any suggestions on removing a stain on the walls plate? Wife left a hard boiled egg on it for a while and it left a nice stain.

View attachment 308565View attachment 308566View attachment 308567View attachment 308568View attachment 308569

Also going to use today to figure out who’s going on BST, I’m out of room and need to free up space for the incoming stuff 😅
First successful rehandle done. I know it isn’t perfect or particularly difficult but proud to see it come out mostly straight.

Hated the handle on this TF nashiji. This one is a little shorter and denser so overall weight is about the same.
IMG_5007.jpeg
IMG_5009.jpeg
IMG_5010.jpeg
IMG_5008.jpeg

shig tanaka 240 ginsan. Core steel is nice to my surprise, nothing crazy but Ginsan gets some hate I’ve seen. Hones nicely if more bite is needed. Not full tang and handle is a bit light. Good blade forward balance. Another great < $200 blade for work

Attachments

• IMG_4808.jpeg
    IMG_4808.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
First successful rehandle done. I know it isn’t perfect or particularly difficult but proud to see it come out mostly straight.

Hated the handle on this TF nashiji. This one is a little shorter and denser so overall weight is about the same. View attachment 308573View attachment 308574View attachment 308575View attachment 308576
3 rehandles done. Not the cleanest or straightest but I’m happy with them. They’re all a little shorter and about twice as heavy as the original handles so the balance moved back a bit which I love.

Next step is to actually try and make my own handle since I have some really nice wood sitting in the garage IMG_5018.jpegIMG_5017.jpegIMG_5013.jpegIMG_5012.jpegIMG_5011.jpegIMG_5007.jpegIMG_5009.jpegIMG_5010.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5019.jpeg
    IMG_5019.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5021.jpeg
    IMG_5021.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Back