Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two Swedes; one knife…
IMG_3554.jpeg

Got an amazing deal on a 240 Miura Tanaka AS from ashy2classy and was inspired to try to get it to look like Sakai Kikumori’s Tanaka AS.

https://strataportland.com/products...umi-240mm-gyuto-no-handle-takana-signed-dated

I really l liked how the cladding and slight iron migration looks on that finish with the kasumi so here was my attempt with some before/after pics! I think if I brought this to a higher mirror I might even be able to bring out more of the banding!

Before:
View attachment 308372
View attachment 308373
View attachment 308374

After:
View attachment 308375
View attachment 308376
View attachment 308377
View attachment 308378
View attachment 308379

The grind on this guy is nuts too 🥵
Looks great. HMU if you ever let it go. ;o)

More Rack o' Knives

BST-02277.jpg

What do these particular knives have in common? Well, they're all headed to BST, just as soon as I can get updated individual pictures of them (and a few others). After more than a year and a half on the Hedonic Treadmill of Knives, I find myself wanting to slow down, take stock, and thin the herd. I think part of the draw of some of these knives (and for me, this hobby in general) is the chase, the hunt. Don't get me wrong, it's been a pleasure to use them, compare them, measure them, admire them, display them, photograph them... but there has come a point where I have to ask myself... what's the point? I know my preferred makers and specs, and own a sizable collection of them by now. What more could I possibly want.

I think once I have something in my hands, that I know was hard to obtain, I have a very hard time letting it go. But let go I must. I want to try and get a complete collection shot stitched together before I let too many of these go. Who knows if that'll actually happen.

More Rack o' Knives

View attachment 309552
What do these particular knives have in common? Well, they're all headed to BST, just as soon as I can get updated individual pictures of them (and a few others). After more than a year and a half on the Hedonic Treadmill of Knives, I find myself wanting to slow down, take stock, and thin the herd. I think part of the draw of some of these knives (and for me, this hobby in general) is the chase, the hunt. Don't get me wrong, it's been a pleasure to use them, compare them, measure them, admire them, display them, photograph them... but there has come a point where I have to ask myself... what's the point? I know my preferred makers and specs, and own a sizable collection of them by now. What more could I possibly want.

I think once I have something in my hands, that I know was hard to obtain, I have a very hard time letting it go. But let go I must. I want to try and get a complete collection shot stitched together before I let too many of these go. Who knows if that'll actually happen.
PM sent.

More Rack o' Knives

View attachment 309552

lol your inbox ☠️

More Rack o' Knives

View attachment 309552

Which are the ones with the maker’s mark near the tip?

Oh Raquin.

Last edited:
Bidinger, A2, 217x57 or so, 223g.

I've recently had some phenomenal work come my way. This is top 3 most-impressive knives I've ever beheld or used and possibly top-2 favorite ever. I already knew I'd love it yet it still exceeded my expectations once in-hand. As far as I'm concerned, Dan B. makes some of the best knives in the world and in terms of sheer exquisiteness of cutting performance (if you like midweight-lasery performance), his work is unequaled.

Back