Dealing with a non knife obsessed spouse in the kitchen

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well from my point of view you seem to have it made. Gives you a long term project to bring her over to the dark side.

Maybe she just isn't interested.... The same way she could probably tell you all the advantages of high end hair care products, and straighteners and curlers and conditioners, etc, etc but you're probably fine with off brand shampoo and a 99 cent comb.

For her those knives get the job done as well as she feels it needs to be done.

My partner whined about how much space my knives took up for a long time and I tried to convert her. She always used a kyocera ceramic santoku (colourful), so I thought I'd ease her over starting with a matching sized santoku in blue #2. She tried to use it one day when I was watching TV--perhaps to surprise me. The knife cut well--way too well, and sliced way too cleanly through a green pepper--she was totally unprepared mentally and physically, probably exerting way too much force both on the knife and the pepper. The pepper collapsed, her grip followed, and the knife cut a bit into the side of her thumb. which I'll not be able to forgive myself for.

That knife is sealed away in a cabinet now and I keep my other knives in a designated corner of the kitchen which she does not approach.

Like some others have mentioned, I think sometimes its wiser to just let it be.

Back