Death to celebrity chefs!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might be a little off topic, but your topic is about death to celebrity chefs. Shouldn't we save the prettiest ones and let them live? ;)

Btw, what do people think about Emeril?

If we let the pretty ones live they will continue to pollute the gene pool. :D
I've been to a few of Emeril's restaurants and aside from Vegas I've never been disappointed but then I just find Vegas passe.
More than a few Celebrity Chef's are far more "celebrity" than Chef. Emeril doesn't really fall in that category IMO.

Emeril motivated me to start playing in the kitchen again back in the late-90s. Had a great meal in his LV resturant back then (don't remember if it was in Bellagio or Venetian). I think there were a lot less celeb chef restautrants in Vegas back then.

Was in NO in 2002, and ate at two of his resturants; both were great meals and the service was top notch. I think he set some pretty good standards, and his teams were great at executing. Don't know if the restuarants are still the same now though, as it's 11 years later.

Can't wait to hear some of Travis's F&W stories!

Had a few cocktails then meandered off to a dive bar. It was interesting seeing Emeril, todd english, tyler florence, jamie oliver, and a few others all hanging out together. Emeril was like a scorsese don.

Not really a celeb chef, but every time that Taco Bell commercial with Lorena Garcia comes on I have to restrain myself from throwing my tv out the front window... I don't know why. I just do.
The fact that even Taco Bell has jumped on the celeb chef bandwagon is evidence that some of these hacks just need to die.

Sorry to double post, but I just found a picture that irked the hell out of me. I've been contemplating having a leather knife roll made for me, and I found someone that makes some stunning ones, but g'damn Guy Fieri for ruining it for me:

Guy_and_Roll_op_800x1066.jpg

Nice knives, Guy.
Oh, and the maker has like 3 other pictures up with his rolls filled with Shuns. Son, I am disappoint. :(

^^yeah, Guy has one of Steve Goodson's rolls. But do not let that deter you -- Steve's rolls are fantastic! Plus Steve is a super nice guy, and he visits here every now and then. Give him a call if you want to discuss having a knife roll made. Like the other vendors/ craftsmen on this forum, he is passionate about what he does, he puts his heart into his work, and he charges less then then the rolls are worth. If you see one of his rolls in person I think you will appreciate it.

^^yeah, Guy has one of Steve Goodson's rolls. But do not let that deter you -- Steve's rolls are fantastic! Plus Steve is a super nice guy, and he visits here every now and then. Give him a call if you want to discuss having a knife roll made. Like the other vendors/ craftsmen on this forum, he is passionate about what he does, he puts his heart into his work, and he charges less then then the rolls are worth. If you see one of his rolls in person I think you will appreciate it.

No worries, I wouldn't actually let something like that deter me. Stunning is stunning, and his work is definitely that. I was more on the fence about contacting him or Jonathan Wilson, to be honest. Definitely leaning more towards Steve, though. Butcher & Baker makes some nice ones, too, but something about Steve's rolls just make me drool. So damn rustic looking. Must. Have. :thumbsup:

It's just a shame that the picture Guy sent back to him is more Fieri than it is Goodson. Look at the counter behind him. Is he pointing at the knife roll or the ****** knives with his name on em? Hard to tell.

This also made me tear up as I was laughing so hard
Oh man, my eyes were watering after reading this for 15 minutes. Thanks for that. This is the one that pushed me over the edge.

"Whenever I know chef is about to use the plastic wrap I run my knife over the center of the roll & unroll half of it like 15 times"

k.

Edit: Must get back on topic. Sorry Knyfe.

Emeril motivated me to start playing in the kitchen again back in the late-90s. Had a great meal in his LV resturant back then (don't remember if it was in Bellagio or Venetian). I think there were a lot less celeb chef restautrants in Vegas back then.

That was probably Emeril's Fish House in the MGM Grand. I had the intention of eating there but ended up at Mark Miller's Coyote Cafe instead and it was excellent.

Back