Death to celebrity chefs!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if Nigella isn't an actual trained chef, I'd have let her school me 15 or so years ago. RrrroooWWWRRR!

tumblr_m553xhky2U1rto9igo1_500.jpg

i think Laura Calder is smoking hot. she has a soft gentle voice and her moves..eesh!

You guys are going WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY OT on me!!!!!!
This is about Chodey Chefs, not hotties!
Wait, how did disgusting pics of RayRae get in here too!!!!!??????????
Let's get back ON TOPIC !!!
Rocco DiSpirito
I honestly think he couldn't even manage to toast a Pop-Tart.
This guy was the original sellout. The reality show "The Restaurant" was such a giant steaming pile of crap. At first before it came on I was excited, hoping this would portray the reality of a restaurant.
Ummmmmm......
Not so much. Superstar Rocco being followed around by a camera crew in a freakin' helicopter. Driving a strategically placed Mitsubishi. Drinking nothing but strategically placed Coors Light. All crap product placement, followed by a team meeting of Koom-bye-yah-my Rocco.
I don't think he could even figure out the stove in a restaurant!

What about Rocco's dinner party show. Watched it once, hated him ever sense

Sorry Chris
Yeah - That show really proved Rocco knows nothing about running a restaurant and in addition, he was spreading himself so thin being a "SUPERSTAR" that the restaurant was bound to fail.

Okay I am throwing one out to add to Rocco. Geoffery Zakarian - The guy may be ubertalented but he just reeks of high fallutin' d-baggery. I think I would have a tough time being in the same room with him because he would suck all of the air out of it with his massive ego. Prove me wrong please.

i think Laura Calder is smoking hot"

Agreed! Something about her is so very sexxxy.She's a bit goofy in a hot, smokin' kinda way... :D

Michael Freakin' Symon!!!!
I'm not going to go on at length.............
......but I just saw Another Lay's potato chip commercial featuring Eva Longoria and Chef Michael Symon.
This one is pimping:
Chicken and Waffle
Sriracha
Cheesy Garlic Bread

Flavored potato chips
Disgusting-The Chips
Sell Out-Michael Symon
Hottie-Eva Longoria

LAME

How is it Micheal Symon is a sell-out for doing a chip commercial but Eva Longoria is not? Is it becasue she can't cook and he can?

Mo Rocca - completely, utterly useless.

Love Laura Calder.

How is it Micheal Symon is a sell-out for doing a chip commercial but Eva Longoria is not? Is it becasue she can't cook and he can?
Eva Longoria is an actress NOT a chef.
Thus the title of the thread.

You guys are going WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY OT on me!!!!!!
This is about Chodey Chefs, not hotties!

It might be a little off topic, but your topic is about death to celebrity chefs. Shouldn't we save the prettiest ones and let them live? ;)

Btw, what do people think about Emeril? He's always been a bit of an enigma to me. He doesn't shove things in your face to hate (usually).

k.

I ate at a couple of Emeril's restaurants back in the day before I had any clue who he was. He was already on the food network at the time but I had never seen the show. He came out to greet tables during service and I thought he was extremely gracious. I ended up picking up one of his books a year or so later and that said he had a tv show on the food network.
On top chef, both he and Wolfgang Puck appear very humble at the opportunities that they have been given. That is the same attitude he portrayed in the restaurant before he became popular.

For some reason I don't hate Emiril. He's kitchsy, and overexposed, but always comes across as a nice guy in his guest appearances. I can't recall the names of his shows, but I always thought the one that didn't involve the band/studio audience was great for home cooks. He gave good pro tips, was straight forward and didnt waste your time with goofy stories or dumb down the recipes. I've also never heard any gossip regarding him being a prick to work for, or a crappy chef etc. Not that I'm constantly looking for that kind of gossip, but y'know...

It might be a little off topic, but your topic is about death to celebrity chefs. Shouldn't we save the prettiest ones and let them live? ;)

Btw, what do people think about Emeril? He's always been a bit of an enigma to me. He doesn't shove things in your face to hate (usually).

k.
I hope all you guys know that I am not at all serious in any of my posts. -just a semi-disclaimer.

OK Karring, mano started a rebuttal thread to this one entitled "Long live celebrity chefs" http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/10485-Long-Live-Celebrity-Chefs!
Any hotties or reasons on "why Tyler Florence is more important than Escoffier" should be included in mano's thread.
We here, Us here (this thread) are all about being jaded, grumpy and cynical as to pretty much any and all celebrity chefs!

To address Emeril....no harm, no foul. The guy's been around forever. Supposedly got kicked out of Johnston & Wales for doing blow back-in-the-day, has paid his dues and made an empire from scratch.......
.......I can't stand to watch him cook on TV, but I'm a bad audience. He keeps a lot of us chefs employed and interested to learn more about food. Nothing wrong with that.

Again, I hope you guys hardly ever take me seriously-you shouldn't.

One more for all the industry ppl. A lil off topic, but some great light reading. Basically it's hatin' on all the fake ass chefs out there.

https://twitter.com/SryThomasKeller

Kinda deserves its own thread it's so good, imho. That's all I got for now :)

I was just about to post that fantastic page -- brilliant. Here's the front page:

guy.jpg

One more for all the industry ppl. A lil off topic, but some great light reading. Basically it's hatin' on all the fake ass chefs out there.

https://twitter.com/SryThomasKeller

Kinda deserves its own thread it's so good, imho. That's all I got for now :)

Oh man, my eyes were watering after reading this for 15 minutes. Thanks for that. This is the one that pushed me over the edge.

"Whenever I know chef is about to use the plastic wrap I run my knife over the center of the roll & unroll half of it like 15 times"

k.

Edit: Must get back on topic. Sorry Knyfe.

Oh man, my eyes were watering after reading this for 15 minutes. Thanks for that. This is the one that pushed me over the edge.

"Whenever I know chef is about to use the plastic wrap I run my knife over the center of the roll & unroll half of it like 15 times"

k.

Edit: Must get back on topic. Sorry Knyfe.

I found that one particularly amusing as well...

Back