Demeyere frying pans review, Proline, Multiline, Industry, Ecoline etc

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up an Atlantis saucier and I do like it although the rivetless design makes me a little nervous

Admittedly he's a bit of a scrawny guy, but I think it's enough to show that you don't have to worry about it.
I've also seen gazillions of large heavy professional stockpots (from other brands) that also had welded handles. I wouldn't worry about it.
People who experienced welded handles coming off also seem to be incredibly rare; it's not something you hear very often.

A good weld should be as good as or better than a rivet. I mistrust the spot welds on Fissler handles but the Demeyere look good, not that I can actually see the weld.

I would like a helper handle on the 3.5qt Atlantis saucier, but it’s not a dealbreaker.

I did hear back from Zwilling and they indicated that only Atlantis clad and Silver 7 clad have fully encapsulated rims.
Helper handles are always a bit of a mixed bag for me. They have one on the 28 cm proline and I wished it didn't have it. While it does give you the option of holding the pan on the other side, it also adds mass furthest away from your original handle position, so it makes the pan handle noticably worse when you're using it one-handed.

FWIW The Fisslers don't seem to be any worse than the Demeyere... saw a lot of those in professional kitchen's but never one that failed.

Helper handles are always a bit of a mixed bag for me. They have one on the 28 cm proline and I wished it didn't have it. While it does give you the option of holding the pan on the other side, it also adds mass furthest away from your original handle position, so it makes the pan handle noticably worse when you're using it one-handed.

FWIW The Fisslers don't seem to be any worse than the Demeyere... saw a lot of those in professional kitchen's but never one that failed.

agree on all this.

i prefer the multiline for this reason. even if all i cooked was steaks.

I have a 10 qt. stockpot, with welded handles, that I've owned for more than 20 years. A couple of weeks ago, one of the handles broke off while I was washing it. I don't know why it broke, since it lasted this many years, but it has reinforced my preference for riveted handles, especially on larger pots. Thank God I wasn't carrying a full pot of boiling hot liquid.

I'm still building my list of All-Clad replacement pieces and am still looking mostly at Fissler/Demeyere.

At this point, since I have the Fissler Profi 28cm rondeau, I don't see a pressing need for a Proline frying pan, since the Fissler's Queen-approved bottom should sear as well as or better than Proline. Think I may get a 28cm Multiline when the time comes for frying pan replacement.

I now have a 2.1qt and 3.5qt Atlantis saucier, and want another 3.5qt, but rather than getting another stick handled saucier, I'm mulling getting this 24cm Atlantis conical dutch oven.

I am a bit confused, however, because the listed specs vary a bit from the specs on the saucier, but by my estimation, they ought to be the exact same pot with different handles. Does anyone have both and can speak to that?

Back