Eamon Burke knives.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy Heath has Volunteered to go pick them up. I'll put him onto this thread tonight.

I'm likely to be going through Dallas soonish (next week or two), so I could pick up the materials and handle getting them shipped out.

was on my list to visit Eamon anyway.

He posted that he is moving again.didn't he? maybe facebook

I have enough saya material for three sayas that I can put in, if there is not enough to go around. plus I have a few extra sets of scales.

Brilliant stuff, well lets give Eamon some time to digest and respond.

He posted that he is moving again.didn't he? maybe facebook

He is moving back to Rockport, TX.
I just sent him this note.

Hello, Eamon

6:00pm
Congratulations on the beautiful baby and the pending move home. We all know that times have been tough for you and that you have been under alot of pressure for quite awhile now. I know its frustrating and a little bit overwhelming being pulled in so many different directions and having so many responsibilities. With that said, Many of the makers and hobbyists have gotten together and offered to help you out by taking some of the load off of you. They are willing to donate their time and expertise to help complete your knife related projects so that you can focus on your family and other responsibilities. You are a member of our family and we would like to help you out and make things easier for you. Please to do not be offended, by this offer it is given freely . Many of us including myself are frustrated that we can't offer any assistance because, we haven't heard from you. We don't know if you are alright or not. Some of the members just want to know whats up with their knives but, all of them are more concerned about you my friend and how we can help you. Please get a hold of Devin or myself and let us ease your burden a bit. Take them up on their offer, Eamon.
Your friend, Son

Well done Son. I have sent him a couple too.

My buddy Heath has Volunteered to go pick them up. I'll put him onto this thread tonight.

He is moving back to Rockport, TX.

If Heath can give a firm date he can be available to pick it up, we should go with that....my schedule is not my own.

Also, looks like Rockport is on the gulf....doubt I'll be near there anytime soon.

Is this a PM that was accidently published in the forums?

I can do handles, grinding, finishing, or maybe saya. Let me know if there is any position that needs to be filled.

i am owed a knife. already paid in full and have sent email twice to the account he recently posted and I gave my address to send the blade only per his instruction. I habe not received any response.

I have enough select grade poplar for 100 sayas if we are short on for wood for sayas.

mc2442, got you added to the list. This makes 9, of what seems to be 10 (from the original post)?

I will help out some. What I would like to do is get one blade which I will finish, grind, sharpen, handle and make matching saya.

Z,

I'm another with little mechanical aptitude but willing to help with the admin function in getting some resolution.

Seems like the next step in any get well effort has to be transferring the assets - knife blanks, materials, etc - from Eamon to someone who can coordinate finishing them.

Regards,

Dave

If anyone is willing/ wanting to go with a sheath/leather saya I'd be glad to do it. This might help take some of the work load off of Marko?

If anyone is willing/ wanting to go with a sheath/leather saya I'd be glad to do it. This might help take some of the work load off of Marko?

FWIW I would prefer leather. Not sure if this helps or hinders things.

Great to have you on board chaps, thanks. The leather saya look great.

The original list was for 10, but it was extended to 15, and as far as I know all were spoken for and presumably paid for.
So there will be some more to come out of the woodwork, as well as Eamons other projects, which we will deal with in Hoss's thread in general chat.
Obviously if any of you on the List scan though and see someone you know missing, let them know.

Dave, yes we are waiting on communication from Eamon. All he has to do is facilitate a hand over. Once that is done there will be considerable logistics involved in getting things posted on to where they need to be, which will take a bit of advice and input from you organized lot to do it most efficiently. But first step is communication and getting the complete list together.

hey... just wanted to say this is a great idea and yet another testament to the caliber of members we have here... i only wish i had more free time so i could help out too

Thanks Jon, no worries, Hoss spurred me into life on this, the situation has been bothering me for a while. Only among our members could something like this even be considered as a resolution I think. Amazing response. :)

Guys -

I saw that several people offered to donate wood. For those people who are donating time and skill, I would be happy to donate some wood for handles so you don't have to donate your own supplies. I have blocks of stabilized redwood that I would be happy to donate.

I also got one of the knives from Eamon, paid in full.

I have no skills that would benefit this but I can buy whatever wood or other supplies that may be needed. Just send me a message.

I just want to that the people that have gotten this off the ground. I had pretty much written off this one since there has been no contact with Eamon.

Sam

I think I have the spreadsheet caught up on this thread.

Just FYI, I would definitely take a leather saya/sheath over a wooden one, but either is fine really. And the wood block I sent was Koa from Burl Source.

k.

Let's keep in mind KKF's Terms of Use here folks.

We do not allow the showing of, talking about, or offering of wares/services from non-hobbyists/vendors. Those authorized are to keep discussions of their products/services withon their appropriate sub-forums.

Thanks for your co-operation!

I do want to caution the customers that we will be keeping this as simple as possible. We need to avoid upgrades and customizing on this project and stick to the original plan out of respect for the makers and their time.

We ask for a tiny bit of latitude from the forum while we figure all this out. That being said, we do want to follow the polices in place.

Love and respect

Hoss

Gentlepesons,

I was chatting with Tim Johnson (formerly known as Taz575) about this effort. He'd like to help and has offered to do all the sayas as a batch. He's got basswood on hand, enough to make them all, or we could ship materials to him. I wanted to present this to you all and see if you think it's as good an idea as I do. Tim does good work and would ensure they are all comparable to one another. He also has access to the paper micarta that was spec'd for the handles.

Thoughts?

Back