Eamon Burke knives.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eamon, I hear you and I sympathize deeply with your situation but I'm not throwing out the rules for this regardless. I see how you're trying to give what you can but here is not the place for it, sorry.

Besides, how many guys who want sayas made by another person could use the shop tools that are used make sayas with?

Heath is four hours away, he is willing, if we can find someone closer that would be better.

Hoss

I'm a little farther away....but I have the RV in front of the house and the spousal unit is itching for a weekend trip to visit friends in Dallas...and it's a holiday weekend. I'm happy to go pick this stuff up.

Eamon, if you're still in Hurst and will have some time to meet me this weekend, let me know and I'll come pick this stuff up.

Eamon, thanks for allowing us to help. The fact that so many are willing to help is a sign of how much the forum cares. When everyone helps a little, we can get this done and over with. We hope that this will relieve some of the pressure on you and at the same time, help the members get their knives and sayas. This is one of those overwhelming things that are hard to find a perfect solution to.

Love and respect

Hoss

I'm a little farther away....but I have the RV in front of the house and the spousal unit is itching for a weekend trip to visit friends in Dallas...and it's a holiday weekend. I'm happy to go pick this stuff up.

Eamon, if you're still in Hurst and will have some time to meet me this weekend, let me know and I'll come pick this stuff up.

Great!

Hoss

If this doesn't work out I can do it maybe one day next week. I got a kid with Strep and the Spousel unit is working this weekend. I will need a few days to get my stuff together

I believe Brainsausage is the mystery man #10 that we are missing.

I'm about a 6 hour round trip from Hurst. I could do it on Saturday.

I just want to say WOW :nicethread:
Davin and Will and all others rock, I know how much time they dont have, but still help all members that lost the money or knives from this!

Let me know if i should donate something i have plenty of standard Wa Handles !

I'm in the process of making arrangements to meet Eamon one day this weekend. If I can't get it all in my truck/RV, I'll ask for backup. (assuming you all wouldn't rather have someone else pick it up in the first place.)

you say the word and Heath will jump in, I just talked to him and he is game.

I've been pretty out of touch with the forum lately, and I sincerely apologize for that.

I have been in touch with Johhnychance outside of the forums a little more regularly, as of the last few months, and he brought this to my attention this evening, knowing that I'd paid in to the initial project(which was intended to be startup for a line of knives- sound familiar?) I'd like to say thank you for everyone who has offers their time, skills, and resources. It's greatly appreciated by myself as well as others on this forum. That being said...

At this point- I'd just be happy to get the knife that Will signed off on, and send it to Mike Henry(at my own expense) to modify for a wa handle. The finished edge is of less of a concern to me. I'd prefer if it was mailed direct from Eamon(due to my initial investment), but if it comes down to an individual taking on the responsibility of taking charge of said knives, please PM me and I will be glad to send you shipping costs, as well as a promise- that if you ever make it to Maine, you will not leave unstuffed with the meaty goodnesses.

Once again- I apologize for being absent lately. This a great forum populated by genuine individuals, as witnessed by the above thread.

Cheers,

- Josh

A quick word before I'm off to work.
Eamon i did not mean to poo poo your efforts there to find a way to get everything posted. I understand you are trying to find a way to make it happen. But I could see it getting complicated.
I think we should take the simplest solution to the problem and it would be the biggest relief to everyone.
Zweifel has volunteered to pick the whole lot up in his Rv, is that this weekend? I realize with postage and everything else that comes later that is a huge responsibility which makes me hesitant to let one person take that burden, however it is the most direct solution. I would suggest from there we ship it in a few large parcels to a few people who will be doing works, this will also spread the shipping responsibilities.

Eamon you can help us hugely by facilitating the hand over and donating the extra belts and wood blocks and things to be sold for the postage Kitty. Also help us get the full list of names together. There are 15 blades and should be 15 names?

We need someone willing to be bank for the sale of extra things later to help cover posting things on, with a paypal account. I realize that will only go so far, we may have to have a whip around to cover postage etc later. So no one person is down more than anyone else.

I hope what i'm suggesting seems practical, if not please chime in.

Thanks all for your massive help in sharing the burden and Dave for Moderating. Its all hugely appreciated.

Off to work now.

Happy to chip in to the shipping kitty

Another option could be for folks (like brainsausage and me) who just want their knives and whatever raw handle materials there are (wood, pins, liners) would be to send pre-paid shipping labels directly to whoever it is who picks the knives up from Eamon. That way all they'd have to do is print it out and slap it on a box.

Zweifel has volunteered to pick the whole lot up in his Rv, is that this weekend? I realize with postage and everything else that comes later that is a huge responsibility which makes me hesitant to let one person take that burden, however it is the most direct solution. I would suggest from there we ship it in a few large parcels to a few people who will be doing works, this will also spread the shipping responsibilities.

I made arrangements with Eamon last night to pick everything up this weekend. I'll do my best to get as much info as possible from Eamon as to what belongs to whom, and catalogue the whole lot. once done with that, we should have the info we need to figure out how to distribute the lot against the current list of volunteers and assesss what shipping will cost.

Z, thanks for doing this. I'm happy and relieved that you are doing this. sw2geeks is in that area and might be able to help. I contacted him, he is still trying to figure out what is going on. Eamon does have a knife of his also.

Hoss

I'd like to give a thumbs up to all of you helping and contributing here. We have some great members on this forum. :doublethumbsup:

Another option could be for folks (like brainsausage and me) who just want their knives and whatever raw handle materials there are (wood, pins, liners) would be to send pre-paid shipping labels directly to whoever it is who picks the knives up from Eamon. That way all they'd have to do is print it out and slap it on a box.

This sounds like a good idea to me Justin. And thank you greatly Zweifel for taking on this responsibility. Thanks again to all the craftsmen who have offered time/resources.

If thats what you want to do guys, it will lighten the load. Remember there are materials available for the handle, saya etc which could be included in the package also if required.

I just want to make this as easy as possible for Zweifel, and categorizing/determining who gets access to what woods sounds like enough of a pain...

And I've been aching for a custom Henry handle for awhile now:spiteful:

I'll gladly cut my losses and give Mike some business.

Just want to chip in that I'm quite impressed by the community, and all the shared contributions in making a bad situation right, or at least close to right. I'm not involved, but the way everyone is contributing is really cool. There is something special going on here.

All, I've confirmed plans with Eamon to pick this stuff up on Saturday evening. I'll do my best to catalogue who owns which bit as I receive it, and will take photos + make a list once I get home after the holiday.

will try to take some pics to share the little adventure for those that are interested.

I will take CClin knife. I have several Chalie's knife on hand, so will get them in one batch.

Thanks Marko and all the members here who have contributing their time & resources. we have Great community here :doublethumbsup:
I agree with Justin, I want to make this as easy as possible, I'll contect with Eamon & Marko and glad to pay for the shipping/materials cost.
I want to thank everyone again for make this is possible!!

cclin/justin0505, I think Eamon wants to have all of this off of his hands in one fell swoop. My suggestion would be that we keep things as simple as possible for him. Beyond that, I'm happy to do whatever you like...if you'd like someone else to meet me in Dallas to pickup your stuff this weekend, I'm happy to try to arrange that.

Zweiefel, thank you so much for taking this on. First stage then to pick it all up, as possible.

Do we have a volunteer with a paypal account who could act as bank for postage donations and money from the sale of the belts and stuff. Is that the best solution for that? or shall we just paypal Zweifel direct for shipping costs?

I'm working all weekend, as I have missed to many days here and there but i'll be keeping an eye on the Thread. Thanks Guys.
Will

Back