Eamon Burke knives.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Buddy
as a thank you for doing all of this, I would like you to have the Don Nguyen. I haven't had a chance to use it much but, I have his new one and it is the thickness I like. The one you have there is a laser I believe and once sharpened cuts like hell.
Again, thank you for doing this.
son

Thats amazingly generous of you Son. Thank you.

danmm....where is my DT itk & Butch Harner gyuto??

I sent Eamon a note yesterday to ask about this, but never got a response :(

I've uploaded photos of the entire inventory, you can find all of that here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84378626@N05/sets/72157633751841022/

Please feel free to add (or correct) things to the spreadsheet as you go through the photos (PM me your gmail address for edit privileges if you haven't already). I think I've got a photo of every single item except the cash. I went ahead and opened the two tube from WillC to ensure that all 15 blanks were present and in good shape...which they were. The Rows on the spreadsheet with a green background are the names from Eamon's list. I was going to post a photo of the list, but it has everyone's real name + home address on it, which I didn't want to share with the entire world. I tried to make it so that you can also comment directly on the photos.

For anyone interested in the roadtrip itself, here are more photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84378626@N05/sets/72157633751017213/

OK, going to bed soon...sorry for the poorly organized post...hope the content at the links + the spreadsheet is more clearly organized at least!

I do not know if that other sabatier was Chef's refurb or not. Eamon said he was redoing the handle and the blade but, I'm not sure if that's it. He was supposed to keep it for himself. If he doesn't want it I'll take it back. I suspect that it's someone elses.

Group, it seems that the western utility blank was promised to both Pensacola Tiger and GlassEye. Eamon mentioned Rick's name, and wrote it on the blank...GlassEye mentioned it to me by PM before any inventory was posted.

Please advise on how I should proceed.

big sabatier is mine, ironwood blocks mine.

Son, I'm not familiar with many of these materials: which are the ironwood blocks?

I do not know if that other sabatier was Chef's refurb or not. Eamon said he was redoing the handle and the blade but, I'm not sure if that's it. He was supposed to keep it for himself. If he doesn't want it I'll take it back. I suspect that it's someone elses.

This seemed to be what Eamon was saying...on both counts...I didn't take a spine shot, but it's now crazy thin for about 3/4 of the length.

I'm more than a tad distressed to see that my name is not one of the highlighted. Not sure I like the implications of this. I was worried when I first noticed that there was more than 15 names on the list for the utilities. I hate to say it, but were more blades promised/paid for than were actually available?

Son, I'm not familiar with many of these materials: which are the ironwood blocks?

This seemed to be what Eamon was saying...on both counts...I didn't take a spine shot, but it's now crazy thin for about 3/4 of the length.

it always was, one of the thinnest Sabatiers I have ever seen. The ironwood blocks are the four dark heavy blocks in the middle pic, top row between the cocobolo boards and the belts. I'll take both of chef's Sabatiers then. Any of you makers interested in trying to make Sayas for Sabatiers? lol

OK, getting super tired....really am going to bed soon. Wanted to drop one more note first though. I'm happy to do all of this organizational/leg work...but I think it's best if someone other than me makes the decisions on any conflicts for the materials. I've not been around here very long, plus I want to avoid any possibility of even the appearance of a conflict of interest.

Seems like we have a few options for how to deal with this: executive decision by an appointed party, or some kind of committee/poll.

I hope this makes sense.

oh, I did my best to cross-post the pics from flickr to the spreadsheet for the things I can identify...please let me know of any mismatches, or any items I pictured but didn't inventory--in those cases I just don't know what the stuff is.

one last thing. a HUGE thanks to TKern and Mrmnms. TKern funded my gasoline bill to Dallas and back at my estimated cost....Mrmnms covered the gap created by my significant underestimate. A huge thanks to Son for the first fully carbon knife in my kitchen...and a huge thanks to Don Nguyen for offering to refinish/repolish it. It's one thing to witness the generosity of this group, it's another to be a recipient of it. I'm not much of a joiner...kind of a loner nerdy guy...thanks to you all for creating a place that makes me hit "New Posts" about 10,000X daily.

The Handle for my utility knife prebuy was supposed to be made with an ironwood handle and cocobolo saya. I see that the dark handle that is glued up maybe ironwood but, I can't tell. It may also be Walnut which is what the originals were going to be made with.

I'm more than a tad distressed to see that my name is not one of the highlighted. Not sure I like the implications of this. I was worried when I first noticed that there was more than 15 names on the list for the utilities. I hate to say it, but were more blades promised/paid for than were actually available?

Wow, this just keeps on getting worse, I certainly hope this is not the case.

Kalaeb, hey...looking like I will probably be in Vegas again the week of Jun 3rd...if you happen to be there, would be cool to meet up.

apparently 21 blades were sold. we haven't gotten clarification on this yet but, if your name wasn't on either of the list then it's 22

I have PayPal records showing that I made a payment to Burke Cutlery for $250 on 8/18/12. Unfortunately I didn't save any of our PM's from that same time period. I only have the email that he sent earlier in the day on 8/18/12, notifying those who signed up, that he was sending invoices for the knives, and discussed tacking on costs for wood options later.

This just got a lot more complicated:(

I have PayPal records showing that I made a payment to Burke Cutlery for $250 on 8/18/12. Unfortunately I didn't save any of our PM's from that same time period. I only have the email that he sent earlier in the day on 8/18/12, notifying those who signed up, that he was sending invoices for the knives, and discussed tacking on costs for wood options later.

This just got a lot more complicated:(

you should see if you can file a claim with Paypal for not recieving your item.

I already see a mistake on the list, one space is marked Burke Cutlery, He is not owed anything so, he should be removed from the list. I think he kept the prototype anyway.

I'm not sure if that's possible at this late juncture. I'm more upset that I was led to believe I'd be receiving a semi custom knife from a well known maker, whilst helping support a fellow forum member(Eamon, not Will).

It's pretty $hitty IMO.

I already see a mistake on the list, one space is marked Burke Cutlery, He is not owed anything so, he should be removed from the list. I think he kept the prototype anyway.

Son/All,

I left Burke Cutlery on the list as thats how it was on the list i got from Eamon. Just tryingto keep the record complete. Im colored the row gray, along with the row for me to indicate that the is no more to be done for that item. Im happy to do something different if anyone has another idea.

Mr. Sausage
I may have a solution to your current predicament. Since I already have a Will Catchside's, I will gladly let you have mine. Truthfully, I don't need the knife I was going to give it to one of my cooks as a thank you for all his hard work but, he left me and had to go back to Mexico and I may never see him again. I fought for this not so much for the utility knife(i wrote that off along time ago.) but, for Chef's personal knives and the Don Nguyen knife. You can have mine and that's that , no arguments.

Son/All,

I left Burke Cutlery on the list as thats how it was on the list i got from Eamon. Just tryingto keep the record complete. Im colored the row gray, along with the row for me to indicate that the is no more to be done for that item. Im happy to do something different if anyone has another idea.

no worries.
Give my utility to Brainsausage please.

Son, you've already given far too much to this forum, your generosity seems limitless. But I really wouldn't feel right taking a knife promised to you.

Son's heart is limitless. I'm proud to call him a friend.

Back