East Coast Gathering ECG 2014

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to have you guys decide what knife I should make for the ECG raffle. D or Western handle for honesuki or gyuto and D for suji. Leather or wood for saya.

Handle wood will have to be one of my basic types unless you want to go fancy and donate one of your blocks to the raffle.

- 150mm honesuki in 52100 (Western or Wa)
- 210mm gyuto in 52100 or AEB-L (Western or Wa
- 210mm suji in AEB-L or 52100 (Wa handle)

I vote 210 gyuto in either with a Wa handle. But honestly I think it is just great that you are offering this.

Definitely going to try to make it this year! Thanks for setting the ECG up again. I'm so excited to see everyone! :)

I am sad to say I can not make it is year....have fun everyone!

Sorry, Ladies and gentleman. I may not make it after all. Depending on how my Check up goes on Thursday (which I don't think will be good at all), I may have to get the old ticker worked on June 10th. Have fun, Eat lots of food and don't cut yourselves.

Being new around here, I don't yet own a hand crafted knife. (that will change soon enough) I was planning to attend, but now it looks like work will keep me at home.

Unfortunately, I have to pull out of the gathering. We were just signed up for a 300 person dinner that night and a sous just quit so I'm out.

Hi, I'm new in this forum, but thinking to go there since it's not too far. Can you count me in?

Hi hi. Sadly, something important came up and we cannot attend. We were looking forward to seeing everyone this year, especially because it was so fun and awesome meeting everyone last year. We'll be with you in spirit though!! Please post pictures. :)

Hi hi. Sadly, something important came up and we cannot attend. We were looking forward to seeing everyone this year, especially because it was so fun and awesome meeting everyone last year. We'll be with you in spirit though!! Please post pictures. :)

I earmarked $10,000 specifically to buy from Korin if you came, but I guess more important stuff is happening in your life. And you can never see my dog again; either of them.

IMG_0736.jpg

Larry, it will be good to meet another Philly guy. Abby, the older one, will probably come - Craig has been alright with this for the past two years. The puppy is totally out of control, so he will stay home. I like to actually hang out with the knife experts...

Seth,

Will enjoy meeting you too (as well as several of the other attendees whose postings I've read but have never met before -- at times it seems they've almost taken on the stature of minor celebrities).

And I love dogs, so would be glad to spend time with Abby, particularly if it helps free you up at some point.

Larry

My daughter Haley is looking forward to seeing Abby again too.

It looks like the raffle knife will have to be 190mm gyuto, as I am out of liquid nitrogen and won't have time to get a refill before the ECG. Sorry folks.
Details: 190mm gyuto on the edge, ground symmetrically, S-grind geometry, right handed D (unless octagonal is preferred), probably cocobolo handle.

Will bring some other knives to check out. See more details Here

Marko

There is a possibility that I won't be able to attend ECG this year, as I might not be able to find a ride. Just in case, I will be mailing out the raffle knife to Craig tomorrow, so it gets there by the weekend.

M

I can offer a ride to those in the area.

Marko, if u can catch a train that ends near me, U can hop a ride over with us. Not the most direct route, but I am more than willing to squeeze you in.

I'll be going down from Manhattan around 9:30/10:00. If anyone needs a ride send be a PM. Can't guarantee that I'll stay past two or three though.

Back