Finally- Stainless Nakiri passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries. I'm still excited to try this out though. I can't wait

A few reasons why I have taken forever to sort this out.
1. I am a bad secretary to myself, sometimes I want to sack myself, but that obviously not an option.
2. I have been using the knife daily.

Anyway the list. It will go uk to E.U. to the states then back to me. I will ask everyone to confirm and e-mail me your address, so I can organize the u.s. route. Please e-mail me as opposed to pm so I can organize everything in a folder to hand. I know some have pm'd me but please e-mail and confirm as this was a while ago.

UK
Warbies
T.London

E.U.
Robin Wallman
CandleJack
Eaglerock
ParJ

U.S.A
EdipisReks
Spike C
Zwiefel
Brainsausage
Jmadams13
Conthcipt
Kalaeb
ChinaCats
Cclin
Mrmnms

T.B.london, ParJ and Mrmnms will need to stomp up a bit more on posting abroad so let me know thats ok. Mrmnms I will give you some details on posting to me in a way that I don't get charged import duty on my own knife.
For now if you can all e-mail me and confirm, with address. I'll give that a week or so.:biggrin:
[email protected]
Thanks all, sorry for the......................................

Pause:whistling:

It's cool. Still excited. I read threw this tread again, and got even more excited

A late arrival I know, but is there any chance of getting in on this? I live in Manchester UK, and am still learning to sharpen so I would not dare touch your knife on the stones!

Yes Rosco, only 2 others for the uk, so I will add you. Thats it on the list now though. Please don't forget to e-mail your conformations and address's add your forum name also so I can work out who is who. Cheers
Will

UK
Warbies
Rosco
T.London

E.U.
Robin Wallman
CandleJack
Eaglerock
ParJ

U.S.A
EdipisReks
Spike C
Zwiefel
Brainsausage
Jmadams13
Conthcipt
Kalaeb
ChinaCats
Cclin
Mrmnms

Potato....Potata.....looks like we forgot Canada:nono: But lots of love......
If we can get a couple of you guys on board and can sort out the shipping business, I'll edit the list.... just to avoid another international incident.:bigeek:

I'd love to be on the list, and I will even go out on a ledge and say Notaskinnychef will be in for it as well, he lives about 5 mins from me.

Cool, lets get Lefty on board too and add a leg to the Journey, Lefty?

oooooooooooo if im able to be on the list I will by that time have another stainless nakiri made by another forum member to compare it with :2cents:

Thank you Guys, just waiting to hear from Lefty to see if he wants to make up a Canadian 3 sum, that sounds wrong somehow...but you know what I mean. Thank you Igasho comparisons are great. Matt, your most welcome. I imagine this one is going to last a while, but at least its going:biggrin:

well, yanno, three guys.....one maple leaf........

looking forwad to seeing this, very much so.

Thanks too Ig for getting me on here, you continue to further my addiction :D

Yeah, I'm game. I'd love to try one of your blades, Will!

Ok now that were on the map, we need to lobby for first dibs :p :knight:

OK to Pumbaa, got your pm. and Rdm, send your details please. No more now please, I will work through the list and get this thing moving.:biggrin:

thank you will! i can't wait to try this thing out.

Final list as follows.
UK

T.B.London
Rosco
RDM Magic

E.U.
Robin Wallman
CandleJack
Eaglerock
ParJ

U.S.A

Mrmnms
ChinaCats
Conthcipt
EdipisReks
Kalaeb
Cclin
Brainsausage
Jmadams13
Spike C
Zwiefel
Brainsausage
Jmadams13

Can

Igash
Lefty
Notaskinnychef

Ok I will post off to T.B.London tomorrow. You each have a week or there abouts with the knife, its a long list and it needs to keep moving.
When you receive the knife pm the next person in the list for their address, so you can post it on when your done and so on.

For those posting between countries. Follow the instructions on the person whose country you are posting to to avoid any potential customs hazards or charges.
Each of you are responsible for the safe wrapping and posting of the Knife. In general insure the postage for £300 will cover any loss, and use tracked shipping. The value may have to be left off for some international postage...but make sure it is tracked.

This is my personal knife, so as such this is a bit more laid back in terms of detailed reviews than a commercial pass around. I have spent a long time with the knife testing it and have made some changes in the current version. But I'm very interested to see what people make of the steel and the Geometry of the knife, feedback and pictures and comparisons are most welcome, but don't feel you are each expected to do a huge review. In this case i'm just happy to share this piece and give you a try.

I have struggled a bit with such a long list. If there are any change arounds to the order you would like to suggest according to location or hand deliveries, let me know, there will be plenty of time before it gets the the E.U and U.S. Legs.:D
Thanks All, sorry it took so long.

I will hand deliver to Nota, or visaversa

Thanks Igasho
UK

T.B.London
Rosco
RDM Magic

E.U.
Robin Wallman
CandleJack
Eaglerock
ParJ

U.S.A

Mrmnms
ChinaCats
Conthcipt
EdipisReks
Kalaeb
Cclin
Brainsausage
Jmadams13
Spike C
Zwiefel
Brainsausage
Jmadams13

Can
Lefty
Igasho
Notaskinnychef

Sweet! I'm looking forward to it, thanks again Will!

Back