Finally- Stainless Nakiri passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, lost track of this thread, looking forward to this :D

Very enthused about using another one of your knives. Not doubt it will help me choose my next Catchside.

Will, it appears that JMadams and I are on the list twice? As much as I'd like to have a the chance to play with the knife twice, I fairly sure that wasn't your intent... Just thought I'd bring it up, so there was no confusion on the US leg of the passaround.

Cheers,

-Josh

I like this rotation, this way lefty can sharpener it before he sends it to Ig and I who are still working on our skills :)

Will, it appears that JMadams and I are on the list twice? As much as I'd like to have a the chance to play with the knife twice, I fairly sure that wasn't your intent... Just thought I'd bring it up, so there was no confusion on the US leg of the passaround.

Cheers,

-Josh

Holy crap! I thought my head was bad- but this post really hammers that lack of synaptic connection home...Neanderthal much...?

That looks better. :D

E.U.

Robin Wallman
CandleJack
Eaglerock
ParJ

U.S.A

Mrmnms
ChinaCats
Conthcipt
EdipisReks
Kalaeb
Cclin
Brainsausage
Jmadams13
Spike C
Zwiefel

Can

Lefty
Igasho
Notaskinnychef

Oops! That should say: 'I thought my head cold was bad', as I was suffering from a pretty major head cold earlier in the week...

Isn't Eagleroc in Finland? In that case maybe send it there from the UK and then to Sweden? Candlejack and ParJ is in Stockholm so that is a short bit. I on the other hand am on the other side of Sweden, in Göteborg. So either to me after Finland and then to Stockholm or the other way around.

So am I last? guess that's a bit more to ship back to you Will lol

maybe just cut me a deal and I keep it and send you some cash :bliss:

So am I last? guess that's a bit more to ship back to you Will lol

maybe just cut me a deal and I keep it and send you some cash :bliss:

see and here i was thinkin you being last would be dangerous. I knew you would say somthing along the lines of sayin you would buy it :p

Isn't Eagleroc in Finland? In that case maybe send it there from the UK and then to Sweden? Candlejack and ParJ is in Stockholm so that is a short bit. I on the other hand am on the other side of Sweden, in Göteborg. So either to me after Finland and then to Stockholm or the other way around.
Lost track of this one but now I'm in the game again...

Sounds like a plan, it probably makes mor sense staring in Finland an let it travel west

Ok Guys lets do that, thanks for your help:)

Whoaaa there. Has the knife started out on it's journey now?
I need to get my endgrain board ordered sharpish then!
Looking forward to this.

T.B london should have the knife.:biggrin:

I have a "you have a parcel waiting" card, knowing its this I'm not going to wait til Saturday anymore :D
Will let you know first thoughts ASAP

I'm getting all giddy, like a little schoolgirl!
I'm not that great at sharpening yet, so if it needs sharpening, could you do it before you send it to me please TB_London?

Will do, I'll have a dig around for a strop to drop in with it if it'd help you touch it up?

It's arrived :D cue quick pic of it on the board next to my nakiri

Photo%2019-04-2013%2019%2059%2048.jpg

Time to start cutting up some stuff

HI TB London

Will's Nakiri's spec is "So the specs, this one is a forged swedish steel, fully stainless @ 62 hrc. It is mono steel, not a san mai blade.
Its a small blade 146mm cutting edge, quite tall at 58mm. "

I suppose that your nakiri is not of standard height too as teh Catcheside nakiri does not seem to dwarf it.

Nice mirror shine too.....

tks and rgds
d

I'll write something up over the next few days.

Mine is a Shigeharu i picked up in Kyoto, spent a bit of time convexing the bevel and polishing it up. Of all the Nakiri's i've seen it seems to be pretty atypical of the style

I'll write something up over the next few days.

Mine is a Shigeharu i picked up in Kyoto, spent a bit of time convexing the bevel and polishing it up. Of all the Nakiri's i've seen it seems to be pretty atypical of the style

thanks adn look fwd to yr feedback/evaluation.

rgds
d

Just to bring the list up to the top. Have reordered the E.U leg as you suggested Robin, thanks.:)

E.U.
Eaglerock
CandleJack
ParJ
Robin Wallman

U.S.A

Mrmnms
ChinaCats
Conthcipt
EdipisReks
Kalaeb
Cclin
Brainsausage
Jmadams13
Spike C
Zwiefel

Can

Lefty
Igasho
Notaskinnychef

I would think Rossco should be sending it on by now but I don't want to have to chase people, keep it moving and put its location and your thoughts in the thread please as we go. :D

I received the knife on Friday. Really loving it so far!

Back