First Pass-around

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuck already has all of the best toys, skip that m-f'er on principle! :p

Knife should get to DeepCSweede today. Not much I can say other than I didn't think this knife could live up to my expectations and I was totally wrong. I've never used a honyaki blade before this and not even sure why I liked it so much. It is a bit smaller than most of my knives, the profile doesn't seem too special until you find yourself realizing that it is just about perfect. The knife was plenty sharp, but not near sharp enough for Salty's tomato test--cheers to your skills with sharpening and your cutting technique! I really think that I may wind up with something in this size and approximate weight, with similar profile and in fact if I could afford it I would just buy one of these and spend the rest of my life trying to get it sharp as Salty.

Cheers and thanks for the opportunity! This really was a special passaround and I feel fortunate to have had a chance to use this fantastic knife!

I was out of town for the holiday / business trip so I just opened up the box today. Finally, a handle that fits my big mitts. I can't wait to take it for a spin. I will have to take a trip to costco to find some fun things to try it on.

Back