Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW I mostly aimed that at the guy trying to ask 1500 for the bundle of a Hiromoto honyaki + a Martell spa Hiromoto AS.
that guys target is def aimed at collectors. hiro honyaki is just a fancy beater in my book, but is quite awesome in that role. I would keep mine but I prefer a chunkier blade.

If a knife is BNIB can you truly be sad to see it go? šŸ¤”
Speaking from experience, yes. In the time between ordering a custom and its arrival, circumstances in my life took a dramatic downturn and I needed the money. So it went out the door entirely unused, and I was definitely sad to see it go xD

Price is firm. Oh yeah? Lemme slide into those dms and loosen things up a little
i'm a snake GIF

Anyone have thoughts on Konosukeā€™s idea of having pre-registration to buy Kaijus in an attempt to avoid flipping?

View attachment 316570

It's a useless attempt to cover up for the fact that somewhere along the line Konosuke has messed up their supply chain.

I'm going to put the Kaiju aside - to me it basically was a one-off sharpened by Ivan.

For the FM, why do we need to put a registration list on it? It's a simple Tanaka forged, Myojin sharpened knife. Sakai Kikumori, Hitohira, Baba Hamono (Kagekyio) are getting Tanaka blades. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of Myojin sharpened stuff out there.

So why are there no FMs?

Since I started in the hobby 6 years ago, interest in the FMs has only gotten larger, while the drops of them have gotten few and farther between.

If they want to stop the resellers, they need to make it not worth the while. Registration does nothing.

Back