Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone please educate me, are those konosuke prices bonkers or am just out of the loop
In line with the market for them. I've seen cheaper and heard of more expensive. Most of the really high end Japanese stuff never makes it here and trades at a healthy premium with ease.

A good number of collectors understandably don't want to deal with drama like this thread so KKF doesn't see the really rare stuff like Togo, dammy Kato, Heiji wrought iron, odd Shigs, and other rarities as often as it otherwise would via BST photos. The downside of policing scalpers...

Last edited:
Imagine cutting pineapple with a Kato bought for $20,000 after his 25th year in retirement aged 103 and then putting it on a pizza.

In all sincerity, Luke I hope you're ok. Look after yourself, that's the most important thing.
imagine spending a lot on something only to never use it..

Hope no one is walking away from these disputes with hurt feelings. I know things can get testy sometimes but I consider this stuff nothing more than a spirited debate. There’s been multiple instances where I’ve had a back and forth with someone only to be pming them back and forth a week later over some cool knife we both like a lot and geeking out about it. Try not to hold grudges people, were arguing about knives here after all.
Honestly I wouldn’t chime in as often as I do if I didn’t love the forum and want to see it do well. But the conception of the forum “doing well” and what that looks like varies among the contributing members.
With the amount of active members here opinions are always going to vary-this is going to be imo a never ending debate of where to draw the line or whether or not a line needs to be drawn. And that’s okay.

Last edited:
Hope no one is walking away from these disputes with hurt feelings. I know things can get testy sometimes but I consider this stuff nothing more than a spirited debate. There’s been multiple instances where I’ve had a back and forth with someone only to be pming them back and forth a week later over some cool knife we both like a lot and geeking out about it. Try not to hold hold grudges people, were arguing about knives here after all.
Honestly I wouldn’t chime in as often as I do if I didn’t love the forum and want to see it do well. But the conception of the forum “doing well” and what that looks like varies among the contributing members.
With the amount of active members here opinions are always going to vary-this is going to be imo a never ending debate of where to draw the line or whether or not a line needs to be drawn. And that’s okay.
nah getting butthurt over something said on internet is sad

So when I see that handle, I just say bocce ball

I wish you would have kept Luke out of this post because I thought the rest was pretty damn funny…

I don’t want to be known as mr bocce balls so it’s pronounced

bee-co dough-se

It’s a português nickname I had when I lived in Brazil for a bit. And yes, I’m the worlds worst cyber bully.

I wish you would have kept Luke out of this post because I thought the rest was pretty damn funny…

bee-co dough-se

It’s a português nickname I had when I lived in Brazil for a bit. And yes, I’m the worlds worst cyber bully.

I'll admit I've been calling you Bico Dice in my head all this time...

Jedy would know the retail price better, but iirc, 3x. o_O
Mine was 850 from tosho. To be honest if I had money to burn I would have grabbed another on secondary the other day. There was a reason they went fast. There certainly won't be too many more if any new togo knives coming, especially FM's. Would be nice to have an extra of my favorite. That being said. Of course pricing is still lame even though people are paying for it.

But yeah mostly it's the cool factor. It does cut pretty much the same as a tall fm. I really like the full kasumi though

I will never understand paying wildly high premiums for collector grade knives that will never be used. I like to look at my knives as much as the next guy, but when I look at them I know what it feels like to cut with them, and that's where the big feels come from.

Sort of like owning a low mileage vintage car that never gets driven.

I dunno man. These communities are real, the people are real, and words do matter.

The Internet is part of real life, even if parts of the Internet are not.
But you can walk away from it and 99% of the people slinging dirt is someone you don’t know and therefore it really should count way less when you are AFK (away from keyboard)

But if you’re in a tough spot already, and then being questioned about your sincerity when you’re actually a great guy/gall then I can understand that someone would take it closer to hart.

(I don’t care about flippers, but I do want to people to treat each other with respect and if you have serious beef. Duke it out in a dm. Don’t be butt hurt for the world to see, that suits nobody.)

Edit: I didn’t want to extend the discussion. Sorry

bee-co dough-se

you are now forever bocce ballz

I will delete if if you like. But the honest to goodness truth is Owl sounds exactly like my younger brother in so many way, and it invokes so many thoughts and feelings. With that said Bocce, if you want I will edit the post.

I will delete if if you like. But the honest to goodness truth is Owl sounds exactly like my younger brother in so many way, and it invokes so many thoughts and feelings. With that said Bocce, if you want I will edit the post.
Well if your brother struggles with his mental health, I truly hope you show him more empathy/compassion than what you emoted with your post.

And Owl is a good sport on top of it! Now I must be banned. I accept a ban mods.

As to my bro....oh man. Not much works, but humor with a small ring of truth to it has probably helped the most to ease into all challenging discussions.

FYALLI there is a $45k knife and IIRC A gold Kramer for $65k also here. Maybe I don’t need one of my kidneys?

Attachments

• 4ebb4ade-e743-4b71-8cf2-00bcd3a19dd6.jpeg
    4ebb4ade-e743-4b71-8cf2-00bcd3a19dd6.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 0
I am with you on some of this. During my "HRC gate" I got a lot of people jumping on me, maybe partially deserved, but the ganging up did make me feel really depressed and I didn't want to get on the site again and I definitely built up some walls. Glad I gave it a couple days and decided not to sell all my knives in anger and annoyance lol. It is funny how we place so much stock on what random people on the internet think, but that's just how we are wired I guess. If you know that you aren't on b/s/t to be making dank profits all the time, I wouldn't worry about posting to b/s/t, even without price breakdowns. People can decide for themselves if it's worth the price you are asking

I thought you handled that whole thing surprisingly well, honestly.

Back