Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paul rudd brick tamland GIF

With the amount of active members here opinions are always going to vary-this is going to be imo a never ending debate of where to draw the line or whether or not a line needs to be drawn. And thatā€™s okay.
They'll also clearly debate about what color the line should be, whether it should be straight, curved (convexity rules) or wiggly. Where the shinogi line should be set, what the ideal HRC for the line is, how long it should be and whether it's ok to flip the line, if the drawer of the line has retired from drawing lines.

I'm a member of several hobby/enthusiast sites and this is the only one that has a persistent, panties in a twist attitude about resale prices and flipping. People buy and sell rare/hard to get stuff above retail everyday on every hobby site out there without having to deal with the attitudes there are here.

I'm a member of several hobby/enthusiast sites and this is the only one that has a persistent, panties in a twist attitude about resale prices and flipping. People buy and sell rare/hard to get stuff above retail everyday on every hobby site out there without having to deal with the attitudes there are here.
Whoā€™s a drama queen now?

who wants to buy my yo to wa converted hiromoto honyaki for 3x retail? and who would actually want it to use it?
Nagao San is long retired. That multiplies the value by 2-3x. Let it rip.

Hey if it is a nice conversion and nicely thinned it should be worth more. How much more is open ended. The originals were nice knife kits that needed quite a lot of work to become good knives.

if u actually want it I'll let it go for a good price, u can even try it out first since we're friends. just know, this had some serious use put through it lol.
Actually one thing I wonder about; how is the cutting feedback on a honyaki like the Hiromoto? The same as a monosteel like a ginga? Or different somehow?

if u actually want it I'll let it go for a good price, u can even try it out first since we're friends. just know, this had some serious use put through it lol.
Sweet! It would be like owning Paul Newman's Rolex Daytona. ...Hold onto it a couple years, then work out an auction deal with Sotheby's, PROFIT! :cool:

Actually one thing I wonder about; how is the cutting feedback on a honyaki like the Hiromoto? The same as a monosteel like a ginga? Or different somehow?

Some people claim they can feel a difference. I can't, I also don't know of a mechanism that would create a difference.

Iā€™m gonna out bid the sh!t outta him. Letā€™s ******* go!

*initialize KKF Bot sequence*

Oh yeaā€¦ and talking about sucking up to makers (sorry to bring this up) if milan would let me buy a knife Iā€™d send him self affirming messages everyday. Hell Iā€™d do it twice a day or three times a dayā€¦.

SELL. ME A MILAN.
Exactly what do you mean by ā€œself affirming ā€œ? lol

Back