• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: 265mm Michael Rader Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in for $20, good luck trying to get your wife to believe you got this knife for free.must be a nice guy if all these people are willing to give money. Ha nice to meet ya, names Erik

Get this: Some guy named Michael Rader just asked me to say he's in for $20 too. :D

lol Michael's in for 20, that's too much, this really is a good cause people, open up those wallets. Check Knyfeknerd pay it forward thread to help grease the wheels, Chris is a good karma machine, time to send some back.

Hey guys, I'm really sorry i havent had the chance to check in on this yet. I think this is really awesome that everyone is willing to chip in on this knife for Chris. The problem is that the I received a PM yesterday from a member saying he would take the knife before this whole thing really got started. He has PMed me since saying he still wants it but is unsure if its the right thing to do because of this event thats going on. Anyways I will let everyone know when i hear back from the member and if he decides he doesnt want it then we can see where this goes. Sorry to throw a wrench in all this but it's only fair that the first person in line gets it. I will update this thread as soon as i know. Thanks for understanding, It is really awesome to see this.

Mike

Thanks for everything guys, I'm beyond touched. It's only fair that it goes to the first in line. One of these.days I'll get me a Rader! But thanks again, you guys and gals are awesome!!!!

Thanks for everything guys, I'm beyond touched. It's only fair that it goes to the first in line. One of these.days I'll get me a Rader! But thanks again, you guys and gals are awesome!!!!

This could still happen, i will know more tomorrow.

It may be too late but if kkf can buy Chris a Rader, I'll put in twenty bucks. I love that on a flippant comment like that can start off something like this :)

If it goes this way, im 20 awsell. Was always amazed at his generosity! Cant blame the original pm'er for wanting this beaut though!

I think either way is fine. No one here would fault the person interested for pursuing the sale--this is a great knife. But I'm still hoping the gift thing could happen. If not on this knife, maybe another.

My 20 is still committed to this good cause.

I have a 10" in 52100 that perhaps could substitute for Iceman's knife. Lacewood with a maple end cap, mustard patina. It's one that Michael made just after he became a Mastersmith.

I've always been touched by your generosity of spirit in what you do with the freebie refurbishments Knyfy, so I'm in with $20 happily. And it's not even Christmas yet!!!

I've always been touched by your generosity of spirit in what you do with the freebie refurbishments Knyfy, so I'm in with $20 happily. And it's not even Christmas yet!!!

I forgot to say . . . I hope the Iceman cometh your way!

On vaca so i missed this, but I'm in for $20 for the Rader it forward fund.

Sure, $20 from me too. I just got my first Rader a couple of months ago; the more people who get to experience that kind of craftsmanship, the better!

Thanks again! All of you are completely nuts!!!!
I can not and will not accept anyone's Rader!
I think I am going to get on his list now and will enjoy working with Michael to create a blade of my own that I can save up and pay for myself. I've heard they cut better that way!

My reward for the PIF thing is in working with tons of knives and even getting to test-drive them for a while before I send them along to their home. I am constantly humbled and amazed by forum member's generosity. That is my reward!!!

Iceman, I'm sorry (but happy at the same time) that your sales thread turned into a love-fest. Please go ahead and mark this one SPF or sold! Sorry to stall a transaction, this was not my intention!
Congrats to the buyer(singular) and seller!!!!!

Chris, the community here wants to do something nice for you. Please don't turn us down. You help so many others, and now others want to show you a bit of kindness in return.

You deserve it man. Just get over the fact you're probably going to get a Rader for being a selfless-good-dude :)

It's your turn, bud. Your turn!

I may have a solution that would work for all (especially Chris hopefully) I am pretty close to the top of Michaels list, but I also recently scored a Rader from Daniel & Drew at Epicurian Edge, I emailed Michael and he is happy for Chris to take my place in the line. So assuming everyone ( or the majority at least) who posted in this thread is cool with that scenario we could start to get the ball rolling. We would need to raise a few more dollars though without icemans discount. Thoughts?

We can't stop at the 1 yard line..!
Thanks again! All of you are completely nuts!!!!
I can not and will not accept anyone's Rader!
I think I am going to get on his list now and will enjoy working with Michael to create a blade of my own that I can save up and pay for myself. I've heard they cut better that way!

My reward for the PIF thing is in working with tons of knives and even getting to test-drive them for a while before I send them along to their home. I am constantly humbled and amazed by forum member's generosity. That is my reward!!!

Iceman, I'm sorry (but happy at the same time) that your sales thread turned into a love-fest. Please go ahead and mark this one SPF or sold! Sorry to stall a transaction, this was not my intention!
Congrats to the buyer(singular) and seller!!!!!

I like how this is coming together. VB, very nice of you to offer your spot to KnyfeKnerd! And this way KnyfeKnerd can get exactly the dream knife he wants. (PT, that was a very generous offer on your part as well!)

Knyfeknerd, you get points for your polite refusal of these offers, but I think you're getting overruled on this one!

I'm planning to send my money directly to Rader, it that sounds like the best way to proceed. This plan also gives a little more time for people to make their contributions. I'm pretty sure we'll hit the target before too long.

We should find out how much it would take to secure the dream knife from Rader, then start a "Go Fund Me" campaign with that dollar amount as the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back