Gengetsu pass around

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is norm for how long each participant keeps the knife before shipping it? How long do you guys want to hold onto it?

7-10 days is fairly normal. although the only pass around ive used is the Dalman one.

I surprised that more of you have purchased a Gengetsu. One thing for sure after the passaround, Jon will be selling more of these. I've had mine for a month or so (SS 210) and love it for what it is. A mid weight, well ground, flat profile, laser thin at the edge w/ w nice robust spine. The Kasumi looks cool and seems to hold up well to scratches. The knife get silly, silly sharp. I'm hoping Jon will release more knives from the Gengetsu line.

I have this knife, (White #2) in the 210 version and love it so much I'm thinking about going up to a 240. Figure this is the perfect chance to see if a 240 is for me before pulling the trigger. :doublethumbsup:

I have this knife, (White #2) in the 210 version and love it so much I'm thinking about going up to a 240. Figure this is the perfect chance to see if a 240 is for me before pulling the trigger. :doublethumbsup:

I love a nice pair too. Problem is that once you get good with a gyuto it's hard to go back to other profiles and your now beloved nakiris will grow old and dusty.

I love a nice pair too. Problem is that once you get good with a gyuto it's hard to go back to other profiles and your now beloved nakiris will grow old and dusty.

(Buddha face and palms together)...

Just as the ocean can absorb endless drops of rain so can an enthusiast find room in their rotation for additional children...

Ok,
I cleared up space in my inbox. Could everybody start sending me yr addresses so I can get a list organized? I'm thinking 2 weeks per person is adequate time. And if you want to ship it off to the next person early that would be great too :)
Once I make the list I can touch base with Jon and figure out what makes the most sense for him and for us.

Not to derail but can someone (Craig?) who's used both white and ss compare the steel and any other noticeable differences (mainly curious about tip geometry, distal taper, etc).

I think I've responded to everyone that has sent me an address(except rick, who is obviously allowed in the pass around). Still waiting on a few guys.

Did this passaround start? I would love to read some reviews on it!

Wish I saw this post earlier. I bought one when visiting JKI last week. This knife is just so sweet!

Missed the sign up for this...looking forward to folks posting some impressions.

OT: Can't choose between the Gengetsu, Wakui or Toyama 210 gyuto. If anyone can compare please PM me!

Sorry to everyone that I've been dragging my feet in regards to this pass around. The knife was damaged by a co worker (bent) and I need to send it off for repair.

Sorry to everyone that I've been dragging my feet in regards to this pass around. The knife was damaged by a co worker (bent) and I need to send it off for repair.
Sorry to hear that, hope it can get repaired without much consequence.

that sucks.... everyone on this list needs to buy one. Will not be disappointed.

Update! Jon @ JKI repaired the bend and it's ready for pass around! I'll release the order shortly, I suppose it makes sense to start on the west coast. Stay tuned.

Ok here's the list as it stands:
1) chinacats
NC
2)brianh
NJ
3)brainsausage
Maine
4) the captain
Chicago
5) BK ultra
Chicago
6)cheflarge
Michigan
7) Chuckles
Minneapolis

S-line and d walker, pm me your addy please.
Waiting to hear back from chinacats, and then it will be underway.

If I'm forgetting anyone in the states that wants to be included in the pass around please PM me. The plan is to work from south to north(no one on the west coast is interested?) then somehow we will get it into Canada. Cool?

Sent pm but just read this. I you may want to start with dwalker (believe he's in Atlanta). I'm in Maine now so I can get it from Josh or give it to him when I'm done. I'm stoked, thanks!

Back