Gengetsu pass around

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here's the list as it stands:
1) chinacats
NC
2)brianh
NJ
3)brainsausage
Maine
4) the captain
Chicago
5) BK ultra
Chicago
6)cheflarge
Michigan
7) Chuckles
Minneapolis

S-line and d walker, pm me your addy please.
Waiting to hear back from chinacats, and then it will be underway.

I would like to make my 240 Stainless/stainless available to those in the passaround that want to compare the two variants. But I don't want to lose sight of the knife for the length of time these entail. PM me when LoL knife is coming your way and we'll arrange details.

I would like to make my 240 Stainless/stainless available to those in the passaround that want to compare the two variants. But I don't want to lose sight of the knife for the length of time these entail. PM me when LoL knife is coming your way and we'll arrange details.

Awesome offer., I'd love to compare the two before I purchase.

Ok here's the list as it stands:
1) chinacats
NC
2)brianh
NJ
3)brainsausage
Maine
4) the captain
Chicago
5) BK ultra
Chicago
6)cheflarge
Michigan
7) Chuckles
Minneapolis

S-line and d walker, pm me your addy please.
Waiting to hear back from chinacats, and then it will be underway.

Labor, your box is full.

Sent pm but just read this. I you may want to start with dwalker (believe he's in Atlanta). I'm in Maine now so I can get it from Josh or give it to him when I'm done. I'm stoked, thanks!

That's cool. We can just start with you anyway. A hand off to brain sausage would be great(or tkern). Considering this pass around is going to be shipped via priority mail geographical proximity isn't too important. Like daveb already stated, for anyone that wants to test his semi gengetsu side by side w my wh2 needs to pm him, additional conditions apply in that case.

Sent PM with address, Labor. Thanks again for doing this.

That's cool. We can just start with you anyway. A hand off to brain sausage would be great(or tkern). Considering this pass around is going to be shipped via priority mail geographical proximity isn't too important. Like daveb already stated, for anyone that wants to test his semi gengetsu side by side w my wh2 needs to pm him, additional conditions apply in that case.

Sweet!

Just a quick update that the knife has arrived. More thoughts to come soon but initial impression is wow. Will use it for dinner tonight and report back soon.

In anticipation of getting a 240 to try out, I've only used my 210 all weekend.

Nope, didn't even break out any Nakiri. Love this knife. In fact, it's so light I feel very comfortable handling it and an thinking of stepping up to a 240, so again - thanks for the chance to try it!

I realize I've had this knife way too long and will get it moving in the next couple of days. I was holding off a bit until I got DaveB's older SS model for comparison.

First the passaround is a very nice knife and it came from Jon with a screaming edge. Release is better than I expected, the tip is nice and thin and the knife feels nicely balanced in hand. The knife excels at push/pull cuts.

What I found as downsides may be things that others appreciate. I found it a bit short in both height and length. Is also a bit lighter than I tend to enjoy. That said, the deal breaker for me is the stainless cladding...I realize this is something that many people really like but give me either monosteel or iron cladding.

I mentioned that I've also borrowed a older version off this knife (this model in semi-stainless). This knife is much more to my liking...it weighs about 40g more, is both longer and taller. It too had a wonderfully thin tip. It does wedge a bit but a little bit of thinning would bring it right back to its glory days.

In summary, the newer knife will be awesome if it ticks the right boxes for you. For me, my next purchase from Jon will likely be my third V2 Kochi:)

Really want to thank Craig for the passaround opportunity and hope it starts a new trend--actually an old trend that was spoiled by a bad apple a while back.

Hey ya'll I'm dragging a$$ on this one apologies. So I have both Gengetsu's, and I'm curious if I'm shipping out both to the next in line, or if Daveb's is headed back home?

10-4. It's probably best for to do so for a whole lotta reasons. Very eye opening using them side by side. I'll try to dip outta work tomorrow and get these shipped, but definitely by weds.

I realize I've had this knife way too long and will get it moving in the next couple of days. I was holding off a bit until I got DaveB's older SS model for comparison.

First the passaround is a very nice knife and it came from Jon with a screaming edge. Release is better than I expected, the tip is nice and thin and the knife feels nicely balanced in hand. The knife excels at push/pull cuts.

What I found as downsides may be things that others appreciate. I found it a bit short in both height and length. Is also a bit lighter than I tend to enjoy. That said, the deal breaker for me is the stainless cladding...I realize this is something that many people really like but give me either monosteel or iron cladding.

I mentioned that I've also borrowed a older version off this knife (this model in semi-stainless). This knife is much more to my liking...it weighs about 40g more, is both longer and taller. It too had a wonderfully thin tip. It does wedge a bit but a little bit of thinning would bring it right back to its glory days.

In summary, the newer knife will be awesome if it ticks the right boxes for you. For me, my next purchase from Jon will likely be my third V2 Kochi:)

Really want to thank Craig for the passaround opportunity and hope it starts a new trend--actually an old trend that was spoiled by a bad apple a while back.

Can you elaborate please?
This sums it up.

China or brainsausage, is DaveB's gengetsu a 240mm or 270mm?

Back